Simple DSD modulator for DSC2

As you can see I'm ready, and you?
Just in case we are having a language problem, may I ask if you know what the word "troubleshoot" means? Google says the translation to Spanish would be, "solucionar problemas."

However, that doesn't seem exactly correct. "solve problems" is not the same as "troubleshoot." Maybe more like, "prueba para encontrar el problema."

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Just in case we are having a language problem, may I ask if you know what the word "troubleshoot" means? Google says the translation to Spanish would be, "solucionar problemas."

However, that doesn't seem exactly correct. "solve problems" is not the same as "troubleshoot." Maybe more like, "prueba para encontrar el problema."
So you can't help me to make mine own filter for the FPGA?

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Also noted playing with Daphile + i7 laptop differences of SQ using differents DSD upsampling to PCM, not always the high upsampling sounds better...because the power of the laptop processor make an important role in SQ, could be if you use maximum power of laptop to make for example DSD256 the laptop is running near the límit of the processor so not working in optimal conditions also surely PSU working at límit or near also not optimal.

Do you consider adding HDMI output to the board for easy connection with various DACs? There are plenty of inexpensive HDMI connectors available. Since xc6slx09 has several LVDS outputs, connecting it with just a connector is possible. I am currently connecting my D90 (ak4499eq) through HDMI to verify the analog output. As DACs with HDMI inputs are becoming more common, I believe it would be a worthwhile investment.
Thanks for those measurements. Difficult to compare SDM order performance as it's 4th order DSD256 and 6th order DSD128.

Did not know about those LVDS outputs on the FPGA, interesting! You probably already know but just to be on the safe side, there are ample I2S-to-HDMI kits available to do it today without using the FPGA LVDS outputs. AliExpress has a couple of perfectly functional ones, though they don't reclock. IanCanada's is better but in my opinion overpriced. When I'm done designing my own reclocking HDMI output module to go with PCM2DSD I'll post it here.

@merlin el mago kindly may I ask to keep posts together? Makes reading and notifications easier.

PJotr25 and @olo111 have given the diy community a whole lot of DSD converter performance for free. Its been a lot of work for them. What if they did something like Iancanada does and sold diy boards with a pre-programmed and more powerful FPGA included? Then commercial dac companies couldn't steal their IP so easily without at least paying a little something for it. Would that be a fair way to compensate the two gentlemen for what would be a lot more hard work on their part?

I do not know what computational needs the conversion algorithms you use have, but I have my eye on this architecture:
https://beagleboard.org/ai-64

It has a ton of floating point / DSP capabilities. And also quite some generic ARM performance. So it has the potential to be a great platform for network based audio, upsampling, EQ/crossover multi channel processing and hopefully also PCM to DSD conversion...