Shigaclone MKII Black - The builders Thread

Hi Tibi,

Is it then weird that i don't have to press the cd door button?. I just press the play button after i put in a new cd and it just works. :cool:

Regards,
John.

It's not weird. First track will start but Shiga microcontroller do not know when this track stop. :)

TOC contain information about entire disc duration and where each track start and stop.
If TOC read is not initiated, microcontroller will use previous data stored in memory and obviously will fail to jump from track 1 to 5 by example, or will play first track start second and stop.

Regards,
Tibi

Just wondering if the most of people just output SPDIF to RCA directly? Has anyone use a pulse transformer?

Thanks,
Josh

Aslo the digital output J5 , the pin label as Dout should be positive or negative , i measure is negative ,so should be connect to outer of RCA , correct me if i am wrong , i jsut follow the diagram ,and measure the centre pin of RCA is negative voltage.

Thanks

Aslo the digital output J5 , the pin label as Dout should be positive or negative , i measure is negative ,so should be connect to outer of RCA , correct me if i am wrong , i jsut follow the diagram ,and measure the centre pin of RCA is negative voltage.

Thanks

On J5 nearest pin to s/pdif divider resistors, R48-R49, is digital output. The other one is grounded.

Regards,
Tibi

Take care which pin are you decoupling.
Silver-mica cap must be in same position as the 100nF cap (near to XO) in below Tentlabs picture.

page20_2.gif

Regards,
tibi

Tibi, Yesterday I changed the SMD Resistors You told me and I have to say this is another WOW Effect for me.So much more Details and Realistic. I wonder how far the Journey
goes ?! For me this is the best Transport I ever had.
Regards DT

Sir,
What did you do for R11, and R12? I don't see any 180K Z-Foil surface mnt. resistors on Texas Components webpage. Thank you.