• The Vendor's Bazaar forum is for commercial offers and transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

SDA-400 Professional multi-way

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here the connections of my sda 400. If as you say, there is a HF filter at the input stage, how my smartphone captures it ?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

In full size
Well, some questions:
Package includes two small 10uF63V for Attenuator board.

These must be mounted, independent of the use aux voltage on this pcb . ( for all this advice also) very important .

You made the bridge, directly on the SDA pin input ? (at bottom pcb, between -IN and AGND ) ?

You need a "separator" as a shield between the toroid output and input boards. if you want to assemble in this small case also,In this case , you can review the length of the flat cable.

The Vhf input filter , protects the SDA .
Is known that these modules are not critical I think, of course requiring a minimum "criteria" for mounting, it's a D Class Amp.. :)

Last edited:
Well, some questions:
Package includes two small 10uF63V for Attenuator board.

These must be mounted, independent of the use aux voltage on this pcb . ( for all this advice also) very important .

I didn't receive these capacitors but I can buy it. And where I have to put it, do you have some pictures witch explain ?

You made the bridge, directly on the SDA pin input ? (at bottom pcb, between -IN and AGND ) ?

Yes

You need a "separator" as a shield between the toroid output and input boards. if you want to assemble in this small case also,In this case , you can review the length of the flat cable.

Like this picture ?

372532d1379848392-sda-400-professional-multi-way-sda-400-3.jpg

The Vhf input filter , protects the SDA .
Is known that these modules are not critical I think, of course requiring a minimum "criteria" for mounting, it's a D Class Amp.. :)

Alps pot removed note

Hello,
These jmp to remove the pots.

The two caps 10uF63V has an importance in the attenuation noise "captured", right we use the flat cable. (create a loop around the layers of the signal).

I must say though, that these modules have no noise, and that the measure "thd vs. frequency", is not altered by the presence of the pots. this is a simple measurement, very sensitive to the variation of inductance in the signal path. but it is certainly possible to obtain an improvement of the sound.

regards

Attachments

• SDA-MDA-Att-pcb.jpg
    SDA-MDA-Att-pcb.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 138
EVA AMP Info.

Hi,
This are the photos (today on my table) of first proto, developed 4 month ago.

The version for diy (use the transformer input 100Khz at 0dB) will be ready in 3 weeks.
the shape of pcb and location components and components, are completely different from this first prototype.

Many diy have ask by pm... "it exist?" ..yes, the revolution coming soon :)
I can confirm the features shown on the thread "A-B Class Revolution"

The Science is an irrepressible process.
Attack me ... it does not do anything.

regards

Attachments

• EVA-1.jpg
    EVA-1.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 136
  • EVA-2.jpg
    EVA-2.jpg
    447.7 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Remote control DPS-400

Hi,
Simple way for external remote control on DPS-400, it include the LED with perfect on/off and blink for protections.

Info:

Today I show 2 special version of DPS-400:
DPS-400-S1 and -S2 (both available for 230Vac only)

S2 includes 2x10000uF JACKCON 105° caps
pcb green tropicalised.
20Amp output, suitable for two AB class amplifier (up to 1A of bias) or 1 Amp with power mosfet or bjt, for 2R operation.
I mean big amp.

Attachments

• DPS-400 Remote control.jpg
    DPS-400 Remote control.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Hello Roberto,

is there a way to light up the dps using a 12v trigger ?
My preamp has a 12V trigger, and I'd like to use it to power up the amp : when i remotly activate the preamp, it activates the amp.

Yes, there are two ways with this simple scheme, also built on a pre-drilled PCB prof., it is a very nice job.

a) utilizes a small two-way relay (with iso on contacts 250Vac) example, 12V. means that the 12V are required to keep permanent "switch-on" DPS-400).

b) use a small relay (same isolation on contacts) but the type bistable. This allows with a pulse, the DPS-400 switch-on, a pulse off.

guys ... we have to save money wherever possible. :)

Hi,
The new setup for DPS-400-S1

Show also, the measures obtained in new amplifier high end, fully developed from a nice company.
I saw the diagram, very nice.., complex gnd plane / layers also, with a good idea of the input stages.

Show the behavior at 4R--8R of the our magic DPS-400/45V standard (rev-2). :)

Well, waited the ...impressive "S2" just for 20Amp output same size pcb.

Attachments

• DPS-400-S1.jpg
    DPS-400-S1.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 145
  • DPS-400-vs-F.png
    DPS-400-vs-F.png
    72.7 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.