Scope Design: JFET Input EXICON Output 10 Watt Class A

Mosfets do not have emitters :)
Since he is using lateral mosfets, source resistors are not necessary because for one there are no parallel pairs to balance and two the thermal characteristics of that technology do not have a thermal run away problem as would a bjt or other mosfet type such as a hex fet

Reactions: 1 user
Is there anyone who builds this amp with PCB by prasi?
Until now .... I have built dac, preamp and poweramps with shared BOM having mouser parts.
I purchased LSK170 quad from diyaudio store and EXICON mosfets from profusion.
Is there anyone to help fill out correct or proper mouser parts on this doc (latest shared by prasi)

Attachments

• parts size guide.zip
    10.7 KB · Views: 74
Hi namghiwook,
I dont have pcb, may be someone who ordered the pcb as per post # 90 help you to get pcbs.
here is the parts list with mouser part numbers as a guide.
i have selected those parts that have large stock and cheaper. you may go for premium /costly parts if you wish.
hope this helps.
regards
prasi

Attachments

• parts size guide1.zip
    17 KB · Views: 87
My 2 cents on compensation:
Do connect c5(22p) with the gates/bases of power transistors instead of output. In many cases this increases stability considerably.
Just the way I did it with my first 2x500W latFET amp, published 1985

Attachments

• elrad.png
    elrad.png
    276.5 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:
My 2 cents on compensation:
Do connect c5(22p) with the gates/bases of power transistors instead of output. In many cases this increases stability considerably.
Just the way I did it with my first 2x500W latFET amp, published 1985
Do you have a high resolution image of schematic and also any suggestions for substitutions for obsolete parts

The name of this amplifier is EXIAMP10.
Because the output devices are EXICON transistors and the target power is 10 Watt Class A.
The input is a quality JFET: LSK170.

I will test this amplifier in simulation. Also use a simulation oscilloscope.
AC Analysis and Fourier Analysis are also possible.

View attachment 1210632
Sorry if this was answered already.
Which Idss grade 2SK170?
GR OR BL?

Wonder if anyone has made progress on this yet?

I've done the boards (need to tidy up the heatshrink on the inductors and add LEDs still).

I haven't got a suitable transformer on hand, so I'll have to wait until I get one before I can see if this makes noise.. or smoke..

20231107_080828.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know what the typical real gate leakage current is for the double die latfets in this application? It doesn't seem to be in the model. (If it is then it's accommodatingly small.) I'd be tempted to try a photovoltaic optocoupler bias voltage generator like TLP3905 or two and get another couple few peak drive volts closer to the rail.

Last edited: