Scope Design: JFET Input EXICON Output 10 Watt Class A

The name of this amplifier is EXIAMP10.
Because the output devices are EXICON transistors and the target power is 10 Watt Class A.
The input is a quality JFET: LSK170.

I will test this amplifier in simulation. Also use a simulation oscilloscope.
AC Analysis and Fourier Analysis are also possible.

LSK170 EXICON ClassA_12 PUB.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
prasi would have to do it as a GB or get paid somehow - his pcb designs are first class and this amp would be very simple and should have superb results with the active components as specified. The measurements that lineup have shown are first rate, so would be very interesting to see how the design sounds.

I have sent prasi a PM to see if he is interested.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
@ lineup - can I ask a couple of questions.

For your latest schematic as shown in post #6 - I assume pot R7 is to adjust Vout to be close as possible to 0VDC and pot R6 is to adjust the quiescent bias current in the output stage (850mA as you have shown)

For LED1 - is this any special type or colour?

For U4 and U5 - what should the Idss range be if selecting matched pairs - I have original Toshiba 2SK170BL's to select from.

Is hfe matching important for U1/U2 (2N5401)

Everything else is very clear and quite simple, very interested in hearing how this design sounds.

Regards,

Gary.

Before you get to excited, challenge the amp with complex loads. 2 ohms, 100 ohms, with added inductance and capacitance. Not saying there will be a problem, but now is the time to find out. A zobel, or a zero in the miller compensation may be needed. Do a temp sweep on the output biasing as well.

Reactions: 1 user