Scope Design: JFET Input EXICON Output 10 Watt Class A

I have changed 2 capacitors and added a Zobel in output.
C1 = 47pF, compensation tested with Scope
C3 = 10uF, not any benefit making it bigger

LSK170 EXICON ClassA_10.jpg

Thanks lineup for the latest mod, hopefully prasi can incorporate these on his great pcb design with a revised version..

Also I asked you some questions in post #15, can you have a look at that and give us builders your brief answers, thanks again.

Although the added zobel network could be wired off the pcb, the 2 cap value changes would not need any change to the pcb layout.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Looks interesting as always Lineup!

Anyone know where to find some ECX10 over here in Australia? Seems to be unavailable / unobtanium from the usual sellers.
Also available slightly cheaper at Audiophonics in France. Altronics here in Oz has the P but not the N. I don't think you will find them in stock as a pair anywhere in Australia - so OS purchase will be required.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you prasi!
You always support us! 🙏
PS. please, if you will find the time post the diy friendly single side pcb in pdf. ;)
Hello Thimios,
here you go. both diy pdf and gerbers with modified design as per #42.

Attachments

• copper-btm-as-seen-from-top.pdf
    11.1 KB · Views: 77
  • EXIAMP10-1_2023-09-04.zip
    241.3 KB · Views: 75
  • LINEUP-10W-LAY.png
    LINEUP-10W-LAY.png
    157.3 KB · Views: 198
  • silk-as-seen-from-top.pdf
    33.6 KB · Views: 78
  • LINEUP-10W-SCH.png
    LINEUP-10W-SCH.png
    76.7 KB · Views: 199
Reactions: 1 users
"The S version has been tested and graded into colour bands based on the technical spec shown below to ensure close matching. We cannot guarantee a specific colour band upon request but orders will be supplied from the same colour band. If you have a particular requirement, please contact us before ordering."

I recommend buying the S version.
ECX10N20-S
ECX10P20-S

Joined 2019
Paid Member
There is no benefit from S version where single MOSFET per rail is used. S versions are meant for using devices in parallel. It does not provide any P and N channel matching. From the leaflet:
  • The test bands are different for N channel and P channel
  • There is no benefit from having the same colour dot as the test bands are not the same.