SB Acoustics SB20FRPC30-8 (8" Fullrange Cheap Monster II)

anyone do a filter to balance the 3-9 KHz peaks?
I know very little about crossover design but I fed my measurements into Xmachina with a flat target curve and got this.

Attachments

• sb20XO.JPG
    sb20XO.JPG
    10.4 KB · Views: 836
  • sb20xoSPL.JPG
    sb20xoSPL.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 816
  • sb20imp.JPG
    sb20imp.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 808
Reactions: 1 users
Hello Nandappe,
Thank you for testing so many drivers & designs. I’m curious to build these as they are cheap and look like they have great performance.

I have found your plans for DDVP-20, but cannot see what thickness of plywood you use in your design. Could you please confirm the thickness of plywood and amount of stuffing materials you recommend?

Edit: I then immediately found the wood thickness after posting this message. My apologies for your time!

Also what distance do you recommend these cabinets sit away from a wall?

Thank you!

That sounds terrific and contender for best recorded loudspeaker sound at Youtube. I'm impressed. (right now I'm on cheap Oneodio cans Peace-Eq-ed to the Harmon target - will try later with Hifiman HE400x4 and T50RP-w. Brainwavz pads) that''s a wonderful recording and very joyful sound with the drums -drumstick/cymbal/piano nuances.

btw I could use some drum tracks (jazz preferably) to evaluate some of my Karlsonish toys - would you have recommendations ?
Freddie, check out Rene. I love his playing!

Reactions: 2 users
Man, that SB sounds great on the videos, and it's only 60 bucks. I may have to play with one of those someday just for fun. I love horns, but for the cheap price, I have a few pair of cabinets that could work to try them out, and I could always gift them to one of my friends to have much better sound than their little bluetooth fart boxes.😁Glenn.