SB Acoustics SB20FRPC30-8 (8" Fullrange Cheap Monster II)

As in everything, relying on only one parameter to come up with a mantra is not the best approach.

Drivers have a set of parameters, and they have to be taken as a whole.
I, too, have been surprised from drivers that didn't have the "right" Qts (according to some) that simulated very well after all the info had been plugged in.

Reactions: 1 user
I dont have a subscription, so I will have to take your word for it. They do very nice and elaborate testing though. For many fullrange drivers, the results are kind of shocking if you believe that frequency response should be linear from the start, dispersion should be 100% or staggered like Floyd Tools recommends. 😬🤣

Reactions: 1 users
@Pierrick59, I've modeled that driver in WinISD and it wants a good sized enclosurte to get any kind of a low end w/flat respnse.
You probably should not go lower than 65 to 75 litres for vented and that will yield an F3 around 40 Hz.
A 28 liter enclosure is pretty flat and nicely damped with an F3 around 65 Hz.
I think the ideal enclosure for this drive could be the transmission line suggested above or the 28l sealed if you want bookshelf. And that would be very large for a booksehel speajker. You could go smaller sealed if don't mind even less bass and a response peak before rolloff.

FWIW, etc., the pioneers concluded that Vb = measured Vas/1.44 tuned to measured Fs was the best compromise between an optimal vented, sealed alignment with 'critical' damping a good plan IME.

Attachments

• Dave p10's Click Test diagram.png
    Dave p10's Click Test diagram.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 114
Reactions: 1 user