Salas DCG3 preamp (line & headphone)

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Can do all those cans no problemo. The one that uses it in line preamp duty only (at 4xGain driving the power amp for his Eminent Technology inefficient large magnetostatic panel speakers) listened to it first time over headphones (HD-600s) yesterday and he commented very positively, will also add a phones socket to his build he says. He had built a boatload of different DIY preamps both SS & tube in his hobbyist career, so keeping it for so long in his rack is a good sign. Few days ago a former neighbor came around visiting and saw it so he came back the next day with his AKG K701s saying he wanted to know if he will ever manage to really like them. He has a Benchmark DAC1 as headphones amp. He had left liking them LOL :D

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_3352.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3352.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 1,361
  • thumbnail_IMG_3355.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3355.jpg
    334.2 KB · Views: 1,627
Joined 2006
Paid Member
GB STATUS

Count me in if a GB goes ahead.

I will be starting a GB thread shortly for it and the DCSTB board.

I will add a link to my signature and add these into another GB since I am mostly out of the other boards as well. Some people may want to try this with a BIB board. I on the other hand want to try a DCB1 with a the DCSTB to see how it sounds :) Keep on exploring.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
My DCG3 built now with 2 nos +/-17.6V BIBs for true double mono. More refine, smoother, better separation and a wider/deeper soundstage is the initial impression.

That's nice. For double mono PSUs I had only listened with the DCSTB voltage stabilized cap multiplier PSU for size and thermal economy. So including LDR attenuators you have the most intricate DCG3 beta build in DIY town :)