REV33: Here's some snake oil for you to sink your teeth into

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wow, so many words to say 'low pass filter'. I never knew how dirty my magnetics were.

1 and 2 seem to be suggesting that the REV33 is acting like a current source, which of course if you're using only passive components would simply be a resistor to approximate a high source impedance. But that would result in a good amount of attenuation which would lower the volume of the earbud or headphone, not to mention affect its frequency response, especially in IEMs with multiple drivers and crossovers.

se

Joined 2016
Paid Member
Someone earlier has opened one. The picture of it look like a cheap low pressure moulded automotive part, lower down the page.
https://www.niftyaudio.com/pages/rev33-explained

I don't see an opened photo? Dreadful site though - full of pop ups. Basically it seems to be just an ad for rev33, full of the same contradictory claims ... The slide in case for it looks pretty cheap and nasty!

and not very scientific as well!

How's that, we are testing a hypothesis that this device does nothing? Of course we might be up against, " the potting material contains traces of rare earth oxides and some carbon nanotubes and these operate together by an unknown phenomena that can't be measured by any known instruments". We'll have to cross that bridge when we come to it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.