• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

Im compering same 44khz rocording,only fs are ups to 352800hz. Yours filter are work properly on 352/384 fs?

So, you are upsampling 44 in software, right? That is also digital filtering with unavoidable effects upon the sound. A different upsampling algo will sound different. In fact you are effectively moving the filtering function from the DAM to software.

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Regarding BT receiver, I have added it to my dual dam1021, and I share with the BNC input with a relay switch.

The BT receiver card supports BT 5.0 and it can output SPDIF signal. There's another receiver card which can output I2S but I chose SPDIF one because I want to share the input with BNC.

Either BNC or BT receiver signal is selected by a relay, then the signal will be passed thru the digital transformer as isolation before going into SPDIF1 of dam1021.

Attachments

• IMG_9618.JPG
    IMG_9618.JPG
    205.5 KB · Views: 427
  • IMG_9617.JPG
    IMG_9617.JPG
    195.1 KB · Views: 420
  • IMG_9638.JPG
    IMG_9638.JPG
    652 KB · Views: 415
No, neither hardware nor firmware support for it. You would need to convert from bluetooth to spdif....

Soren,

Can you perhaps post a pinout for the J3 connector? It seems to have pins that route directly to the opto-isolators from the USB input. I.e. if I'm not mistaken this is the I2S output of the USB input? If so, I should be able to hook in the BT > I2S module I have purchased, disabling the USB IC if needed.

I'd appreciate your support on this as currently my 1541 goes unused as I discovered the wonderful world of BT lossless HD streaming with aptX.

Thanks!

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Soren,

Can you perhaps post a pinout for the J3 connector? It seems to have pins that route directly to the opto-isolators from the USB input. I.e. if I'm not mistaken this is the I2S output of the USB input? If so, I should be able to hook in the BT > I2S module I have purchased, disabling the USB IC if needed.

I'd appreciate your support on this as currently my 1541 goes unused as I discovered the wonderful world of BT lossless HD streaming with aptX.

Thanks!

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Sorry, but no. the dac1541 is not a DIY product, and J3 is something I was planning to use for some special testing, do NOT use J3 for anything.

You might consider selling your dac1541 and get a dam19x1, that have an extra I2S input....