• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

Has anybody a reference for a Raspberry Pi implementation in combination with the soekris dac ?

I try moode audio and have a lot of trouble.
I connect the Raspberry via normundss Input Board v2.

I don't find a solution to play music with different sample rates.

In case of direct I2S connection moode work well with setting upsampler to 192kHz/24 bit.

In case of connection to the Input Board via Raspberry adapter moode the soekris don't play the music. Playing music is possible after setting upsampler to only to 44.1kHz/24 bit and set the input switch to I2S. Set the switch to "Auto" it will not work.

I am confused and hope to get some hints.

Daniel

I want to put new stabilizers to same place as org ones.

You want to replace the + and -5V stabilizers?

In my mod, I don't use them, and have removed them.

But to figure it out, get a volt meter, and measure the voltages on the pins.

On one pin, you'll see the A+ or A- voltage, should be between 9 and 12 VDC. That goes to Vin of your new stabilizer.

On another pin, you'll see +5 or -5, and that goes to Vout.

But I would double check against the data sheet just to make sure.

Randy

Has anybody a reference for a Raspberry Pi implementation in combination with the soekris dac ?

I try moode audio and have a lot of trouble.
I connect the Raspberry via normundss Input Board v2.

I don't find a solution to play music with different sample rates.

In case of direct I2S connection moode work well with setting upsampler to 192kHz/24 bit.

In case of connection to the Input Board via Raspberry adapter moode the soekris don't play the music. Playing music is possible after setting upsampler to only to 44.1kHz/24 bit and set the input switch to I2S. Set the switch to "Auto" it will not work.

I am confused and hope to get some hints.

Daniel

Dam1021 req 64fs BCLK. What driver you are using? I had similar problem with Raspberry and dam1021. Someone on in this trade advise me to use rpi-dac driver. It works right now perfect. I use raspbian and mpd and I2s connection to dam1021. I don't now moode but I think 64fs BLCK is solution. I'll try to install moode and do proper setup for dam1021 tomorrow or after tomorrow ...I hope my family give me same free time;)
Jacek

Last edited:
Dam1021 req 64fs BCLK. What driver you are using? I had similar problem with Raspberry and dam1021. Someone on in this trade advise me to use rpi-dac driver. It works right now perfect. I use raspbian and mpd and I2s connection to dam1021. I don't now moode but I think 64fs BLCK is solution. I'll try to install moode and do proper setup for dam1021 tomorrow or after tomorrow ...I hope my family give me same free time;)
Jacek

Thanks!
I solved one problem after set the EXT PWR jumper at my soekris Input Board.

But I have trouble with moode and 44.1kHz / 16Bit.
After set the upsampler to higher sample rates, it will work.
With usampler setting 192kHz/24Bit all my files run.

But I am not interested to use the mpd upsampler...

Thanks!

I think to remember that the DAM only accepts 24Bit input.

Thanks!

You do not need to use any upsampler. If you use right I2S driver you'll get 64fs BCLK even if sampling will be 16bit/44.1kHz. Your setup right now do 64fs BCLK only if you play 16bit/48/88.2/96/192kHZ or 24bit/44.1-192khz but not 16bit/44.1kHz.
We will see if is possible to set right driver in moode.
Jacek

Thanks!

submit this bug to moode developers, it's easy to solve this issue for them:D

Thanks!

Hi Meldano,
I did some small test with moode and dam1021. For proper work rpi with dam1021 linux on rpi needs to use rpi-dac driver. Right now is not possible set this driver in moode interface - You can see that RPI-DAC is set but driver is not used. But you can do it manually - set RPI-DAC under Configure->System->I2S audio device. Set but do not reboot. Login to moode rpi using ssh (ssh root@moode). Password is moode. Go in to boot dir. Edit config.txt - edit or add line: dtoverlay=rpi-dac. Save and reboot. Should work- I did and it works for me.
Jacek

Hi Meldano,
I did some small test with moode and dam1021. For proper work rpi with dam1021 linux on rpi needs to use rpi-dac driver. Right now is not possible set this driver in moode interface - You can see that RPI-DAC is set but driver is not used. But you can do it manually - set RPI-DAC under Configure->System->I2S audio device. Set but do not reboot. Login to moode rpi using ssh (ssh root@moode). Password is moode. Go in to boot dir. Edit config.txt - edit or add line: dtoverlay=rpi-dac. Save and reboot. Should work- I did and it works for me.
Jacek

Thank you.
I will try it and gibe a feedback!

Daniel

Hi Meldano,
Jacek

Hi,

thanks for your solution but it doesn't work.
After edit the config.txt 44,1kHz / 16Bit work fine with disabled upsampler in mpd config.
With 96 kHz,192kHz / 24Bit tracks the dam not lock :(

Any other solution ?