• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

Hello,

Finally, we tried (Oneoclock and me) the superegulator mod. From the measure view, the results are huge (Very low impedance), but our surprise "subjetive point of view" is that we can hear this upgrade and is really big achievement (soundwise).

I our oppinion is a must, very clean highs like the mod 1, plus a deep bass full of details, much more equilibrated.

Is the best DAC that we heard until this moment

We are very happy :-D

You mean the mod described in the post number 4101? With transistors?
Can some photos?

Hello,

Finally, we tried (Oneoclock and me) the superegulator mod. From the measure view, the results are huge (Very low impedance), but our surprise "subjetive point of view" is that we can hear this upgrade and is really big achievement (soundwise).

I our oppinion is a must, very clean highs like the mod 1, plus a deep bass full of details, much more equilibrated.

Is the best DAC that we heard until this moment

We are very happy :-D

This mod definitely cleans up the bass. I've done it with D882/B772 NPN/PNP SOT-89 pairs. The collector tab solders conveniently onto the cap from the reference source. (use different sides per -/+ vref as in pic)
The emitter and collector pins can be soldered where the old series resistor was, no need so solder straight to the opamp, its a tight space.

Because I run balanced and so far only did one side (left), I can swap and tell the difference. The other side with original config seems to have more muddier bass.

86XQ4Y0.jpg

Couple questions to oneclock.
1. Like upper have you add some capacitor to transitors? For now i have added 4x470uf
2. Have you disoldered orginal 5v 7xL05 stabilizers?
3. I ve i have soekris v2 i can do this mod same like in pictures?
Thank you!
I have 16x1000uF 0.007 ESR like Hifiduino.
I don´t disoldered original 5v 7xL05 stabilizers.
I haven't V2. It will be similar.