Q17 - an audiophile approach to perfect sound

Tim,
I'm sending the Gerber to JLCpcb. Any further refinement are you planning on the current pcb revision?
Thx

not now, I'll wait for the delivery from JLC first and build it up. But I do not think that I can still optimize relevant there.
With the board with the two sockets, it is really difficult to decide which is more suitable.
The first one has space on the side of the OP slots, the second one is missing them, but you can reach the slots from the front. Both are not ideal, but to change this is really complex.

Reactions: 1 user
Is c7 on the other side? Do u have 3d rendering?

Attachments

• c7.PNG
    c7.PNG
    905.1 KB · Views: 440
No, I need for C7 a cab like Audy kpsn for my sound experience. It has a diameter of 20 mm and is very large for 1uF.
There is also tin foil from mundorf available and there is certainly something equivalent from clarycap for a lot of money.

Look at the picture of my prototype, there you can also see the C7

Regards Tim

Last edited:
Yes, of course. I use a faster OPA than Tibi, this OPA cannot be simulated because it oscillates. In Tibi's original circuit it also oscillates - sounds like a tin can - so I added more filters. Tibi also does not have the many capacitors in his amplifier. Therefore I have labeled all added components.

Attached are KiCad files, no idea if you can handle them.

Attachments

• Q17-1.zip
    607.5 KB · Views: 151
No, I did like a sheep what Tibi told me to do. :D

One piece sounds great more sound also not bad.
Therefore, I have two paired to a delta of +- 2mV Vgs and installed without source resistor. It sounds like a very full grown amp, not like the monobocks you can buy in the expensive stores.

Why not with input capacitor.

I still had the idea to split the C7 into two capacitors, which are already used on the board. The duo should also be able to play good performace.

And I still have space in the back for electrolytic capacitors with pitch 7.5 mm and 18 mm diameter.

Attachments

• Q17 XXL.JPG
    Q17 XXL.JPG
    272.2 KB · Views: 341
  • Q17 XXL back.JPG
    Q17 XXL back.JPG
    177.4 KB · Views: 359
  • Gerber Q17 XXL.zip
    515.2 KB · Views: 108