PRV 5MR450-NDY for FAST/WAW applications

I now use the PRV 5MR450 with the Beyma in a Baffleless line array design
I found the Beyma a bit light in the mid-bass region but better in the treble. Now have the best of both designs

Attachments

• BeyPRV.jpg
    BeyPRV.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 418
I listen to a lot of progressive metal, Fusion and contemporary classical music. Using the FAST approach works really well
Because they are not trying to do deep bass means the drivers are not working as hard, leading to a very fast punchy sound that manages to do complex music justice.

I have my sub coming in around 340 with quite a steep curve, but I am using in Baffle-less design I am not cutting off with the PRV drivers. I think my friend bass comes in around 300 but might be lower but he is using 4 PRV drivers per channel
I am using a Behringer INuke DSP to control the bass crossover and power the bass drivers

Last edited:
Hi guys.
I live in France and am really interested in that par driver.
Point is the price for a pair is around 250 euro with taxes and shipping. With the siblings beyma I can grab a pair for around 170 euros. As always the big question is should I get the pvr and bit the extra cost or go with the beyma as it's just a slight matter of taste
Any advise le welcome.
Best regards. Q

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
This PRV driver is ideal for a small sealed box. Try a “Dagger” design for best results. Dagger is tall pyramid ideally 3 or 5 sides and stuffed with fiberglass or polyfill progressively denser towards vertex. Leave a few inches open space directly behind driver and line walls of Dagger with felt or melamine reticulated foam pads. This setup avoids any rear cone reflection cancellation and gives a clear non muddy sound like an open baffle but is sealed. Look in 10F/RS225 FAST thread for more info on Dagger.

This PRV driver is ideal for a small sealed box. Try a “Dagger” design for best results. Dagger is tall pyramid ideally 3 or 5 sides and stuffed with fiberglass or polyfill progressively denser towards vertex. Leave a few inches open space directly behind driver and line walls of Dagger with felt or melamine reticulated foam pads. This setup avoids any rear cone reflection cancellation and gives a clear non muddy sound like an open baffle but is sealed. Look in 10F/RS225 FAST thread for more info on Dagger.

I searched for this but was unable to find the thread, I’m considering using 2 in sealed enclosures for rear surrounds for movies in My new bedroom.
Considering sealed as I’m unable to pull the drivers away from the wall...
I don’t know, perhaps I should use a completely different driver, I do have a couple 6MR drivers not being used.
What do You think?