Power Amplifier LJM L20SE

90scaraudio,
That helps. Thank you.
Do you have any links or resources you'd recommend for choosing power supply fuse values? I've read that they need to be determined by both the output and speaker load, as well as the VA rating of the power transformer. I'm using an SMPS so I'm not really clear on how to determine values.
Thank you for your detailed posts. They're very helpful.
Best wishes - z

Last edited:
Kit arrived, looks nice. The electro's have higher voltage ratings (good). I'm missing 1 cap (105). I believe it's .1 100v. I'm using an old Peavey chassis (stereo amp Model M-2600) that has all the parts I need. I'll get some pics as I proceed. My boards are green and have the panda stamp from China audio on Ebay.

Kit arrived, looks nice. The electro's have higher voltage ratings (good). I'm missing 1 cap (105). I believe it's .1 100v. I'm using an old Peavey chassis (stereo amp Model M-2600) that has all the parts I need. I'll get some pics as I proceed. My boards are green and have the panda stamp from China audio on Ebay.
"CORRECTION=FOUND THE LITTLE CAP" My fault it was like magic!

I bought one on aliexpress and also tried to solve the puzzle. What I found is identical except for one detail: I can't find the 33k resistor between VEE and the base of the 2N5401pre-driver: your schematic counts 29 resistors, the actual board only 28. (at least, the version I received).
Of course, maybe it's just my design. Not ideal.
So if anyone is interested. Try to improve it. And get the result.
This website is full of unrealistic measurement data. It's even completely out of range.
I don't expect the best performance. But there must be. Real performance. Test data.
It doesn't mean good or bad.
In practical application, it is possible to use 10uF instead of 105 capacitor, which is no problem.
But if there is no 33K resistance. It must be a fake.

Attachments

• L20SE.jpg
    L20SE.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 219
It should be 106. Use 50v10uf BP capacitor. PCB in 2021 and 2022 are not exactly the same.
50v10uf bp=106 capacitor was used in 2022, but this is not important. It doesn't matter.
The reason is that I found yellow ceramic capacitor suppliers. This capacitor may be damaged by 10%.
So I replaced the black capacitor

My boards have 2 105 caps (you say yellow ceramic ,1)... Now should be 10uf 50v Bp... Should I replace both caps with new10uf/50v BP? Your reply is very helpful !
This capacitance has no effect. You can ignore it.
It's just that there was a problem with the capacitor later. Nominal 106. I changed it to 50v10uf
105 do not replace.
Pay attention to safety. L20se has very little fever. So it's easy to install.

Greetings, Amp builders. So there are 2- 105 yellow ceramic caps. Which have been changed to be 106. What did you use for 106? Sorrry for being so thick headed... Are both replaced since the ceramic caps have problems?
yes. In fact, this is not very important.
Because I later found a 106 ceramic capacitor. I measured its performance.
It is better than 105. Lower esr. So I changed the PCB to 106
But later I found that 10% of 106 ceramic capacitors will break down in use. Damage.
No way out. I have to use 50V 10uF BP capacitor instead.
In fact, this does not affect anything. As long as there is no quality problem with any capacitor.
Will not affect the performance.

Reactions: 1 user
I have a newbie question regarding making my power supply for my L20SE stereo amp. I have an SMPS at +/- 36vdc. My speakers are 4 ohm MTM.

Is there a easy to understand resource on selecting fuse types and values for mains and +/- rails?

Thank you for your help.