Post your Solid State pics here

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
~D'Evil~ SPb , yes, if you take a look at the datasheet it says the caps should be mounted upright but could also be mounted horizontally but be sure that the vent is upwards. You have them mounted in the worst possible way. Under heavy duty they could even leak a little onto the pcboard through the breathing vent and that way they are also prevented from breathing. :hot:

Shake the caps in your hand, you should be able to feel theres liquid inside, I rate these caps, well their cousin the PEH169 as good as the sikorel caps, they will last twice as long as other good performance audio caps.

Don,t laugh

these are playing now, dc coupled hybride.

first simulated and build as test. A little a mess with the wires, but yes
I have to tune it before go to a pcb afcause. But it sounds very nice open and warm, deep bass and very fast for a amp without feedback proberly prone to the dc coupling of the EL84 with the mosfets.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

here the pcb I made als project of the hybride.

Attachments

• hybride-print.jpg
    hybride-print.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 2,751
My Leach amp

My DIY Leach AMP 4.5 :

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Controlled convection really works :)
If you use fans fore doing that, it would mean that the fan should be sucking air from the box at one end, and the fresh air inlet holes positioned at the opposite end, or just below the heatsink
I would consider a couple of those exstremely small highspeed ones fore PC
But generally I hate fans

If its not a highpower amp, or driving low impedance, it should be sufficient to make the fresh air intake below the heatsink

Hot air will try to escape, no matter how the heatsink is oriented
Convection cooling done properly would just as efficient as outside mounted heatsink, or maybe even better

hmmmm

tinitus said:

Controlled convection really works :)
If you use fans fore doing that, it would mean that the fan should be sucking air from the box at one end, and the fresh air inlet holes positioned at the opposite end, or just below the heatsink
I would consider a couple of those exstremely small highspeed ones fore PC
But generally I hate fans

yes exactly ...this is what i go for ... but forget this PC fans .... this is PA equipment ....beter think 12cm 220v papst fans will do the trick

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Re: hmmmm

sakis said:

yes exactly ...this is what i go for ... but forget this PC fans .... this is PA equipment ....beter think 12cm 220v papst fans will do the trick

PA? ok then

Im not sure about the fan size
Smaller fans can run at unbelieveable high speed, and are probably very effective
But in the end I suppose its just a matter of how much air they can move

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
megajocke said:
But small fans running at unbelievable speed also emit unbelievable amounts of noise, sounding like small jet engines. :D

12cm fans, on the other hand, can move impressive amounts of air and still have low noise level.

Probably so
But a small trick with those small highspeed ones
Dismantle, clean it up, and supply a small drop of finest oil
At first it might be very noisy, but after a while you wont hear it at all ;)