Post your Solid State pics here

AKSA said:
Anthony,

I look forward to it!!

Enjoyed one just today, in fact: right here!

Cheers,

Hugh

That's the place, I seem to remember I enjoyed a very nice
Panini he last time we meet there.
Hugh remember to get JohnR to drop me an email.

lineup said:
:)
thanks
I have one too, please ;)

Thanks Lineup, and yes Hugh does an exceptional job with his amps, I am one of his devoted fans also. :smash:
And thanks for the kind comments also....:)

glad to see some diyaudio members are positive
and really like eachother .. without too much competition envy.
( mine is bigger than yours
. we leave this to the young ones :D :D )

the 57 year old mature man called lineup
who has had his 'better days' of testosterone chooke
to make him crazy after women

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testosterone
Testosterone - Effects on the brain

As testosterone affects the entire body (often by enlarging; men have bigger hearts, lungs, liver, etc.), the brain is also affected by this "sexual" advancement; the enzyme aromatase converts testosterone into estradiol that is responsible for masculinization of the brain in a male fetus.

There are some differences in a male and female brain (the result of different testosterone levels). A clear difference is the size: the male human brain is, on average, larger; however, in females (who generally do not have as high testosterone levels) the corpus callosum is proportionally larger. This means that the effect of testosterone is a greater overall brain volume, but a decreased connection between the hemispheres.[8]

A study conducted in 1996 found no effects on mood or behavior from the administration of supraphysiologic doses of Testosterone for 10 weeks to healthy men.[9]

The literature suggests that attention, memory, and spatial ability are key cognitive functions affected by testosterone in humans, though the literature is rather sparse.

Preliminary evidence suggests that low testosterone levels may be a risk factor for cognitive decline and possibly for dementia of the Alzheimer’s type,[10] a key argument in Life Extension Medicine for the use of testosterone in anti-aging therapies. Much of the literature, however, suggests a curvilinear or even quadratic relationship between spatial performance and circulating testosterone,[11] where both hypo- and hypersecretion of circulating androgens have negative effects on cognition and cognitively-modulated aggressivity, as detailed above.

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
With 2x2kw/38V UI-core trafos resulting in 2x50Vdc/20A, and huge heatsinks, I suppose it will drive and control any speaker...or should I wait fore the NXV1200 :clown: :)

Attachments

• billederden blå cafe 034 (wince).jpg
    billederden blå cafe 034 (wince).jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 2,769
smithy666 said:

No I'm not using their PSU. The wiring is a pretty standard amp PS configuration - the transformer has 2 x 45V/200VA per winding taps (+ 2x12V for the speaker protector). The two 45V taps are wired in series, forming a 45-0-45 configuration with the centre (joined) wire connecting to the 0V of the Mundorf caps (the mundorf caps are wired in series +:- joined +:-, with the join being 0V). The 45/45 leads connect to the bridge and the +/- of the bridge connects to the +/- of the caps. The +/- from the caps (which are now about +/-67V without load) are connected to the amp modules +ve, -ve via 5A fuses mounted on the sub panel. The 0V from the caps is connected to the amp module's 0V (PS GND). Mains earth is also connected to the gnd on the amp module.

The "black connector" is the IXYS bridge rectifier mounted on the sub panel.
That's it! Sorry if it is not clear - following the wiring on the photos should help. I can quickly whip up a schematic if it helps

Yeah that would be great if you could. I still cannot send you a message. Send me one with your email addy, I've got a couple of ideas to run passed you.

luka subwoofer pics
I can definitely not measure up to those sizes.
Looks just great
-> I would really like to listen/feel some bass tones from that sub :cool:

By the way, that image I put into my post was not of my own.
It was from some other site.
I have never, yet, owned a subwoofer.
The biggest normal woofers I have here are 10 inches .. which is pretty big :D
* 10 inches = 25 cm = 250 millimeter

lineup said:
this is a nice
advanced car amplifier built by luka

i like your transparent casing
where we can get a hint of what is inside
10" is to vibrate when you cell phone rings :D 15" is something that I can listen to :D Hey if you ever will come to Slovenia, let me know, will see what we can do about listening :)

Hint, well you can get it here, but of course :), ok so plastic cover, plexi glass, is now still semi transparent, cot both sides are still protected. Inside lives the beast with name AMP2 from 41Hz.com. It gets suppy voltage of +/-60v from 12v push-pull smps that I've build, and all this is placed inside of "case" that I've build. It is 2 channel amp, each channel can drive 4R as set by overcurrent, but I had 2R on it too...with this suppy voltage it is 2x400w rms, which will be bridgable...I think You can find more on my site, if not I will make one...Works great, amp is just SOOOOOO good, one should get one, almost no heat when driving 2R hard, smps is dead cold, probably will need heating during winter LOL...O and yes it IS full range!

Anything else?

dead cold

I thought i would tell diyaudio builders
that using transparant plastic case is not always to recommend
not for normal amplifiers that needs much cooling/heatsinks and good ventilation of air

but when using the cold new technique, with little power losses only,
that runs very cold, we can no problem use non-metallic cases
and also use plexi-glass coverings

http://www.41hz.com/
power amplifier modules & kits
image below shows the soon coming AMP7 prototype, for > 2x500watt output:
http://www.41hz.com/main.aspx?pageID=122
AMP7 - Heavy duty modular amp

This heavy duty amp is the first modular amp from 41Hz Audio. It is built on three boards, which fit piggyback:

* One main board for the power supply and power FETS and output sections
* One sub-board with the Tripath processor and the analogue input section
* One small auxillary power supply board

Attachments

• 41hz.com_amp7_2x500w.jpg
    41hz.com_amp7_2x500w.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 3,182
Re: Little Brother

ROCKMANDRAKE said:
2 X 1.2 watt
ACEA Ultimate quality Output transformer
AD161 power device
Only two kiwame resistor in the signal path
100000 µf Rubycon MCZ capacitors
Power Bridge silver wiring
No feedback configuration

PFM petite fabrication musicale

very nice
looks like some professional Krell amp (not like diy audio)
very beautiful 2 x 1.2 Watt RMS amplifier