• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Poll..anyone interested in an Aikido linestage PCB group buy?

I would like to offer some services here. First of im new totubes but learn quick and i have ( PLanet10 ) unerneeth me to help me in any situation that i need be.. Id like to buy 4 boards yes 4 just for spares and so i can build more than 1 set. Is anyone goig to do a parts group buy ? I'm interested in helping if i can.

J'

Is anyone goig to do a parts group buy ? I'm interested in helping if i can.
Hi Jason,

You are very welcome to help in any way shape or form. There is no parts group buy primarily because everyone has their own favourite capacitor/resistor etc. Secondly no fancy parts are needed, any old resistor will do. And a standard polyprop is just fine as well. I did have to replace one pair of parts to get a little ragged highs to go away..auricaps in the output cap positions solved it. Apart from that...nothing fancy needed. Everyone will want to go use his own tubes as well (meaning different cathode resistor values etc.)

First of im new totubes but learn quick
You've chosen one hell of an introduction to tubes. This circuit is a keeper. I don't want to hype it ...since anything new gets hyped to fast anyway. But I can tell you a few experienced folks have been suprised. I'm just past the noob stage as well...but I can tell this jobby sounds good.:D

The only thing we might do a groupbuy on is those Canadian law faked pots PEC or maybe the output caps...in the shape of the 0.47uF Jupiter caps...copper or silver ...not too bothered about the final choice.

I'm in for 4 boards (maybe 6) of the linestage, i would like to try both balanced and none balanced. I'm completly new to tubes :D but the hybrid project jleaman mentioned caught my attention..

jleaman.. Have you started building the hybrid you were talking about? If not, has anyone built and listened to it?

Great the more the merrier..

Here is the latest pcb layout..getting there I've just asked for the 6,3 to not go parallel with the one track on the side? Lemme know what yous thinking yea?

I'm thinking of 50 cent US$ surcharge to donate to John Broskie per board? It looks like I am going to do the distribution. bonny_kjs will send the boards from India to me...

Paypal would be easiest...we chose to go through me because bonny_kjs can't transfer paypal to an Indian bank. So I'll Western Union to bonny_kjs.

Attachments

• aikido10.pdf
    37.7 KB · Views: 672
pool said:
I'm in for 4 boards (maybe 6) of the linestage, i would like to try both balanced and none balanced. I'm completly new to tubes :D but the hybrid project jleaman mentioned caught my attention..

jleaman.. Have you started building the hybrid you were talking about? If not, has anyone built and listened to it?

Email me : O )

Bas Horneman said:
Great the more the merrier..

Here is the latest pcb layout..getting there I've just asked for the 6,3 to not go parallel with the one track on the side? Lemme know what yous thinking yea?

I'm thinking of 50 cent US$ surcharge to donate to John Broskie per board? It looks like I am going to do the distribution. bonny_kjs will send the boards from India to me...

Paypal would be easiest...we chose to go through me because bonny_kjs can't transfer paypal to an Indian bank. So I'll Western Union to bonny_kjs.

Is this the final design ? Maybe we could get them resistors a little more straight ?

Re: Aikido pcbs

cherhit said:
John Broskie is exploring the idea of offering boards for the Aikido. This is mentioned at the end of the July 15 Aikido article. Everyone should sign up with John and see what he will have to offer.

GEC

And what is his email .. and how do we do this ?

I figured some of the posters here would contact John after his July 15 article
We have. No replies.

Cherhit...does John not live in Sacremento? Do you know him personally?

Maybe we could get them resistors a little more straight
Some resistors are like that on purpose, we want the grid stoppers to be as close as possible to the socket.

Is this the final design ?
Nope...we need a little more feedback from others to try and make it better.

Joined 2001
Paid Member
Hi Bas

After reading your post, I looked at John's website and he does live in the Sacramento, CA area, but I do not know him.

I would be interested in 4 pcbs if the group purchase gets off the ground. It would be nice if John could offer the boards as mentioned in his latest blog. Obviously, there is a demand for the product, and it would be a good way to show support for the man's efforts.

GEC