• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

RIAA

in continuation. MM phono stage. correction in the anode. tube EF91? ECC40

Attachments

• 1632750964943.jpg
    1632750964943.jpg
    365 KB · Views: 720
  • 1632750964952.jpg
    1632750964952.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 713
Hi all, I just finished some days ago my EL34 single ended amp.

Driver stage by 6CG7 (SRPP) with a small amount of NFB. I inserted at a later time a dpdt toggle switch to go from triode mode to U.L.

I built the side part from wood as. Then I obtained the upper metal shelf starting from the cabinet of an old desktop pc which later I sprayed with heat-resistant satin black paint.
Nice build.

Last edited:
Here are three of my latest tube builds; “Cadence” - SRPP with Grant Fidelity Spheres, “Shu” - 50 Year Treasure with Golden Dragon rec. tube (both lreamps) and “Priory” - tube headphone amp. All builds use 1W carbon film resistors in the signal path.

Nice builds. I'm a big fan of Golden Dragon, a much underrated tube. I use their 300Bs, and find they have superior tone to even JJs. I bought a matched pair for $100 on eBay.

Here are a few years earlier. Still a mix but i like making tube gear over SS and class D. So much tube gear in the last few years because i had boxes of costly new tubes. Some had been sitting around for 20 years. In 2020 (mostly during lockdown) i started building with what i had on hand. Still got at least a few more tube wonders to complete.

retro-thermionic: 2018

retro-thermionic: 2019