PeeCeeBee

Hi Prasi,

Nice design, I like it.

The recommended heatsink when using a +/- 45Vdc supply is 0.5K/W per channel.

BR,
Eric

Thanks Eric,
Dont have that big heatsink. I will use a smaller Heat sink but with a fan. Also limit the supply voltage to something like 24V for final build if I ever go that far. First need to build second channel and get rid of the hum.
reg
Prasi

Hi guys! :wave2:

Here is a scope shot of one of my PeeCeeBees amplifying a 140KHz uncleaned square with 60nS rise time. Two 22pF Cdom installed. Input RF shunt and zobel removed.

Happy New Year!!!
(more traces coming)

Attachments

• DSC05026.JPG
    DSC05026.JPG
    261.9 KB · Views: 785
  • DSC05027.JPG
    DSC05027.JPG
    287.1 KB · Views: 742
  • DSC05021.JPG
    DSC05021.JPG
    350.2 KB · Views: 739
looks a bit like mine, with four channels on strip boards. I'm building two channels of stereo amplification, although I will build a prototype first, to check on CCS and Cdom cap values. I have split the power supplies, so that the output transistors have their own supply, and the Vas its own. I'm wanting to give the input pair their own, too, from a 12 - 15v supply. Total cap count is nearly 100 per stereo channel, with about 10,000uF per rail per amplifier, with much bypassing with poly caps, too.

Pics when I can :snail:

yep, Shaan, I think of an amplifier as a power supply modulator (by the music signal) so the better the p/s, maybe the better the amplifier. :)

Splitting the power rails also tends to isolate the saggy output rails from the control signals (Vas and input), IMHO. As the music signal (well, on classical music, which I listen to the most) has only a single transient peak per 'crash', there is time for the power supply to the output transistors to recover, but let the voltage amplifier/s continue to do their own thing, unabated. We will see!

In the meantime...

The new layout is significantly different from the previous PeeCeeBee and the FETs and VAS are targeted to be mounted laterally with the board. Also the feedback caps have been moved to the opposite side of the board. Input is direct coupled.

At power-up 40mV offset without setting. Manually set to zero by turning -ve side trimmer. Picture shows 1KHz scope probe calibration output amplified and no sign of ill behavior.

Load tests are next and will be uploaded tomorrow. If successful then layout will be sent to printer for batch printing.

Attachments

• DSC05043.JPG
    DSC05043.JPG
    304.5 KB · Views: 256
  • DSC05044.JPG
    DSC05044.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 236
  • DSC05046.JPG
    DSC05046.JPG
    200.6 KB · Views: 210
The new layout is significantly different from the previous PeeCeeBee and the FETs and VAS are targeted to be mounted laterally with the board. Also the feedback caps have been moved to the opposite side of the board. Input is direct coupled.

At power-up 40mV offset without setting. Manually set to zero by turning -ve side trimmer. Picture shows 1KHz scope probe calibration output amplified and no sign of ill behavior.

Load tests are next and will be uploaded tomorrow. If successful then layout will be sent to printer for batch printing.
A new pcb is on the road!:eek:
Good news;)
Waiting you posting this new pcb!
Regards.
Thimios

The new layouts are as follow:

1. A mod of the original V1.0 layout with Cdom, better offset control, zobel, corrected silkscreen and direct coupled input. Size - 2" x 2.5". Power approx. 100W into 4R with +/-35V.
2. A mod of the original V2.0 layout with better offset control, Cdom, zobel, lower MOSFET bias and direct coupled input. Size - 4.6" x 2.5". Power approx. 250W into 4R with +/-56V.
3. A fresh compact V3.0 layout with horizontal MOSFET and VAS placement, better offset control, Cdom, zobel and direct coupled input. Size - 2.2" x 2.2". Power approx. 100W into 4R with +/-35V.

The plans are being sent to the fab and will be uploaded as soon as I get the boards at hand. Possibly within first week of Feb.