• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

PeeCeeBee V5 discussion thread

Hello. :wave:

Original V5 group buy thread >here<.

Feel free to post your questions/suggestions in this thread.
:cheers:

Attachments

• PCB-TOP.png
    PCB-TOP.png
    140.2 KB · Views: 691
  • SCHEMATIC.png
    SCHEMATIC.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 705
Hi Vincent.

All the data I collected are with tests done with no matching between any of the transistors, neither small signal nor power.

Matching will always bring lower THD in a symmetrical amp. But a bit of disbalance might prevent the sonics from going into the clinical zone.

If the pairs do not deviate more than 50% in hFE then we're good.

Shaan,

I’m going to assume the pcb mounting holes for V5 and V4H are the same as such one can just pop the V5 board in place?

That would make my build really two amps in one! It will be nice to hear the differences between lateral mosfet output stage topology versus BJT. I think modern BJT’s have really come forward in their sonics. Looking forward to building this - but V4H first!

Best,
Anand.

Thanks for all the answers so far shaan, looks like there might be a lot of interest. Looking at several vendors, there could be supply issues with the On Semi output transistors through 2023 - have you looked at any other types for Q29 to Q32?

With +/- 35VDC rails ,output power at 75W will do me fine.

Hi shaan,

Just looking into parts I have, can you answer the following thanks.
For C3,C4 and C15 (2200uF) - what is the voltage rating you are using to suit a can size of 10mm DIA and 5mm lead spacing?
For R49 and R50 at 0.22R / 5W - what part number are you using?
For R55 and R56 at 10R / 5W - what part number are you using?

Also looking at the schematic and board layout - there are some discrepancies with capacitor numbering - I assume you are finalizing this as you put a BOM together.