Pass XA25?

Joined 2012
Paid Member
1 Ohm / 50Watt?
Both wires go to the PCB, so probably the R in CRC.
Frontend maybe VFET pt2 alike? With the 2sa1837 and 2sc4793, 2sk170/2sj74 input JFETs of course, with 2sj313 and 2sk2013 on the little heatsinks.

I want to build that one! My hands are itching..... :)

1 Ohm / 50Watt?
Both wires go to the PCB, so probably the R in CRC.
Frontend maybe VFET pt2 alike? With the 2sa1837 and 2sc4793, 2sk170/2sj74 input JFETs of course, with 2sj313 and 2sk2013 on the little heatsinks.

I want to build that one! My hands are itching..... :)

Many new questions arise: Why so many caps on the front-end-board? Decoupling, boot-strapping, part of the biasing scheme?
Are 50W/1R part of the biasing scheme? ......
Now that we know the transistors of the front-end: Is cascode-feedback applied plus does this help stabilizing the idle current of the toshiba MOSFETs?

I penned my thoughts on the XA25 in comparison with the F7 here:

theheadphonelist.com/pass-labs-xa25-vs-first-watt-f7-the-two-newest-nelson-pass-amplifiers-go-head-to-head/

Glad to see some reviews making it out there now, they weren't available when I bought these two amps so hopefully this helps someone out there as well.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
You`ve been able to read the values? Would you mind sharing?

I'm wearing da spectacles from my tender age ....... :rofl: so , no - I wasn't able to read values from that pdf

however - one thing is repeating ........ Papa is again mocking plenty of our beliefs - what is Kosher and what's not , in amplifier construction

if nothing else - there is more optocouplers and caps than transistors ....... :devilr:

I penned my thoughts on the XA25 in comparison with the F7 here:

theheadphonelist.com/pass-labs-xa25-vs-first-watt-f7-the-two-newest-nelson-pass-amplifiers-go-head-to-head/

Glad to see some reviews making it out there now, they weren't available when I bought these two amps so hopefully this helps someone out there as well.

thanks nice writing you should contribute to a magazine :)