Open source Waveguides for CNC & 3D printing!

My first thought was to print an inner shell aswell however it would consume a bunch of filament and it would also take quite som time to print the 4 inner shells that would go with my 4 outer shells so my idea now is to just print a top part for each outer shell and then fill each side with epoxy one at a time and just let gravity level it off for me, seems the cheapest and easiest option right now. Another thought i hade was to maybe carve out an inner mass out of styrofoam or whatever you call it , the stuff they use when shipping stuff - hopefully cheap, and then just carve it out when done if the epoxy sticks to it

edit: Would just like to also add, since you are worried about delamination which i guess you mena the pla shell not sticking to the Epoxy, according to my brother who actually did his chemical engineering masters degree thesis in a related area (they were researching different polymers) epoxy and PLA do form chemical crosslinks so it should stick on the molecular level, ypu could increase this bonding by controlling the temperature when it's setting in precise ways but that seems a bit overkill for this application, delamination shouldn't be a problem though in theory i guess

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Getting closer now...

8zZh65N.jpg

Reactions: 18 users
Impressive work! I'm very thankful for your effort for non-professionals to use your modeling.

Following your thread, I think you have made a circular version of sb26adc waveguide but didn't posted it(only image of it). What I can find on your website is only ellipse versions.
I do know that ellipse versions have higher potential especially on the vertical dispersion, but still if it doesn't bother you much, would it be possible that you post your pre-designed circular version as well?
Specifically I hope I could get the 5" no ps version, but anything would be just fine.

For days I tried to do it by myself, but for a dumb like me modeling through mathmatics is extreamly challenging.. :(

Thanks

That's interesting - I would have expected a more even radiation in all directions of a circular version vs. oval but not a worse frequency response?

And THANK YOU for your great work and contribution to the DIY world!
I'm no expert, but I would imagine the air impedance loading would be much different in a circular waveguide, compared to an oval waveguide with the save X-axis profile.