Open source Waveguides for CNC & 3D printing!

No I mean a quick fix on the website https://3d.jlcpcb.com/

There must be an imperial option/switch hiding in there somewhere...
Does not appear to be, I've never had to covert any other 3D files I've used from Thingiverse, even the ones from Americans so I imagine there is not much demand. Using Fusion it is only a matter of changing the units in the model and resaving, takes less time than typing this reply :)

Reactions: 1 user
Do you also have the linearised frequency response of the tweeter without waveguide at specific levels in comparison? That would be really interesting!

I assume you mean harmonic distortion at various levels with linearized frequency response. I actually got asked for this in private by someone I owe, so I had to do them either way; here you go:

1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png

(Reference to Post #1813)

Reactions: 1 user
Peak gain of this 6,5" waveguide is slightly below 2 kHz, where the driver with this filtering is mechanically stressed the most. The waveguide removes a lot of that stress, driver has to do less excursion to produce the same SPL, distortion decreases with excursion, hence the lower distortion figures in waveguide. Towards higher frequencies, the effect becomes less pronounced.

True - but compared to the >15dB win at 2kHz ... 1500Hz is anyways a big stretch for these drivers and when filtering there you are already 5-10dB down at that frequency -> less stress there.

I found it interesting that H4 is rising about 10dB! Looking forward to my measurements of my waveguide variant - but this will take some time ...