• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Okto Research dac8 PRO and dac8 Stereo

#131 here .... it seems it'll be shipped next week

though my order has custom voltage output different from standard and an "open" bridge between the xmos and dac boards -> I made a "pluggable" bridge that allows me to connect a Minisharc board if I'd wish to

Last edited:
Next-generation DAC board
DAC8 PRO has received a next generation of our DAC board optimized for the task, including improved power supplies and shorter signal paths. As our other products, DAC8 PRO is designed to directly drive balanced amplifier inputs.

Congrats Okto team! I saw the latest measurement results for your Stereo Dac, and they are truly impressive.

About the DAC board, did you also revise the clocking structure?

If I am not mistaken previous board had a single Clock, and in the pictures of new devices, I think there are 2 clocks presumably for 44.1 and 48 kHz families separately.

I installed volumio on Rpi3b. as i said first i tried moode and it didnt work. but volumio worked with no issues. just plug in the cable and choose dac8stereo as the output device. mine does not have rpi inside the unit. i wanted just a dac to use with any streamer that i want so mine does not have the internal rpi option.

I installed volumio on Rpi3b. as i said first i tried moode and it didnt work. but volumio worked with no issues. just plug in the cable and choose dac8stereo as the output device. mine does not have rpi inside the unit. i wanted just a dac to use with any streamer that i want so mine does not have the internal rpi option.

I have tried Volumio in a RaspberryPi 4 .... it does not work either

All the test with Linux failed so far and I am starting to feel really frustrated with the DAC. Pavel does not answer my emails. Do you guys have contacted him recently ?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-09-13 at 20.05.28.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-09-13 at 20.05.28.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 227
  • Screenshot 2020-09-13 at 20.50.43.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-09-13 at 20.50.43.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
All the test with Linux failed so far and I am starting to feel really frustrated with the DAC. Pavel does not answer my emails. Do you guys have contacted him recently ?

You might want to post over on AudioScienceReview's OKTO DAC8 PRO Measurement thread. Pavel appears to respond to that thread more than others on the web. Some of their users may also have some helpful Linux information for you as well.

Review and Measurements of Okto DAC8 8Ch DAC & Amp | Page 85 | Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum