• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Okto Research dac8 PRO and dac8 Stereo

Pavel,

I know it's not HIFI nor audiophile enough... but is there in the horizon the possibility to get HDMI input to the OKTOdac8?

I mean... I can use my PC for almost everything (movies, games, music, dirac, etc.) but it would be nice to use this DAC with another multimedia players like Xbox X, Playstation 5, etc...

I know this is possible using Oppo Bluray and Audiopraise Vanity board, but that is price-prohibitive...

Looking forward to your reply!

Cheers.

Planning to order an Okto Dac8 Pro, but I don't know how to get the SACD signals from my Oppo BDP-105 into the Okto. The Oppo don't have USB-Output and don't send DSD through S/PDIF. SACD can only be directly passed as DSD-bitstream to HDMI-output.

Is there any one who already solved this issue?

Thank you

DAC8 Driver/Firmware

Hi,

I'm having trouble running native DSD on a Okto DAC8 Stereo (Current firmware: 1.11). Multiple installations of the driver on the Okto website have not helped - which seems to be the DIYHNK 4.13 driver). Pavel has been unresponsive. Does anyone happen to have later version of a DIYHNK driver that they could perhaps share?

Many thanks

Hi,

I'm having trouble running native DSD on a Okto DAC8 Stereo (Current firmware: 1.11). Multiple installations of the driver on the Okto website have not helped - which seems to be the DIYHNK 4.13 driver). Pavel has been unresponsive. Does anyone happen to have later version of a DIYHNK driver that they could perhaps share?

Many thanks

I have the DAC8 PRO and the latest DIYHNK driver that I have is 4.67.0.

Last edited:
Pavel,

I know it's not HIFI nor audiophile enough... but is there in the horizon the possibility to get HDMI input to the OKTOdac8?

I mean... I can use my PC for almost everything (movies, games, music, dirac, etc.) but it would be nice to use this DAC with another multimedia players like Xbox X, Playstation 5, etc...
If you haven't seen the references in the ASR forum yet:
The Meridian HD 621 or UHD722 output 4 AES signals on their "MMHR" connector. A suitable break out box to 4*XLR would be CatCore - Produkte - XLR over CAT

Hi all - I'm looking at the DAC 8 Pro for a 3 way horn speaker project:

1. Is this compatible with MAC based OS? I was thinking of getting a new iPad or tablet computer to act as my music server, to run Roon and Okto's software for the DAC 8.

2. How would I connect a single ended compression driver to the balanced input on the DAC 8?

Thanks!

The DAC8 PRO is supposed to work on Linux, Mac and Windoze.

You can use an input buffer between the DAC8 PRO and your single ended amps.

Neurochrome Universal Buffer

The Universal Buffer is a two-channel (stereo) buffer, which can be configured to provide any of the following functions:

• Single-ended (unbalanced, RCA) to differential (balanced, XLR) conversion.
  • Differential (balanced, XLR) to single-ended (unbalanced, RCA) conversion.
  • Straight-through buffer (single-ended to single-ended or differential to differential).
  • Signal inverter.
  • Can be configured with gain by adding two resistors.

Last edited: