Official M2 schematic

I'll call them. I can use any zip code in TX and get the same message.

Attachments

• Shipping.jpg
    Shipping.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 615
Last edited:
I have a coffee can I will cut up and cover the toroid.
Why i ask about jfets ? Well i never see 2SJ/SK with leg's shape like on your photo but if you say is ok..
Yeah coffee can !
Good idea let's try :magnet::xfingers:
Best regards

Post scriptum: On my bench few 10 R wire wound's for jfet buffer who stuff nicely on pcb's
but they are magnetic and pretty close to Edcor...finaly my decision is not to use them for M2.

Those are the 2sK's. Cut and Reel type package. The transconductance measures good from a couple of data points.

Was year ago i stuffed by mistake with GR grade jfets all have the same legs shape so today i am always alarmed by see this cut & reel package.
Great they are BL ones :)

I see some amateurs use copper flexible rubans for shield do you know is efficient ?

Get this vintage LUX transformers they are dual magnetic shielded A.F
and perfectly balanced hum bucking windings version.
For my diy M2 i use Edcors anyway just must shielded them.

Attachments

• EE2846F7-F9A9-44AE-8AA0-5C07350F144C.jpg
    EE2846F7-F9A9-44AE-8AA0-5C07350F144C.jpg
    395.4 KB · Views: 668
  • 89DF742C-AB8C-4CA1-9B02-04B3B3DA00B2.jpg
    89DF742C-AB8C-4CA1-9B02-04B3B3DA00B2.jpg
    453.8 KB · Views: 657
Thanks for the measurement Dennis. My layout is comparable to the factory units. I guess I will have to call it good.

An update on a couple thing I tried.

A cover over the transformer, that made no difference.The shield on the transformer is doing its job.

I mounted some thick steel plates to the bottom plate that come up to cover the front of the Edcor transformers and that dropped the noise a little more.

Now I am about 0.26mV AC on the speaker outputs.

BDP

Hi folks a quick update in between my busy schedule
I have constructed some fully enclosed MuMetal box surrounds for the Edcor transformers

Next week I'm away overseas on work related business, and upon my return I will construct the Tirodial enclosure
Soon after I will swap over the newly arrived JFets

NOTE - Haven't sound tested for any changes as yet

Fingers crossed, if I can steel away some hobby time prior to my flight I may just get the Tiroidal enclosure finished

Until the next update instalment
FR

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    550.8 KB · Views: 548