Official M2 schematic

In my M2 clone, I added a 1R3 ohm resisitors in parallel with the original 0R47 source resistors to lower them to 0R345.
I simply removed them from the R2 positions and zeroed the output offset to try favoring the P-ch. It raised H2 to about the same level as H3 as seen in the measured spectrum.
I like the sound, more relaxed and spacious was my impression. I'll leave it like this for a while.
I need to get a twin-T notch filter built to look at the residual distortion in real time.

Cinco
something my dumb brain don't understand , do you set R2 to 0R and R1 to 0.35 ? :oops:

something my dumb brain don't understand , do you set R2 to 0R and R1 to 0.35 ? :oops:

Oops... source resistors in Nelson's M2 schematic are R13 and R14 (see first post in thread).

So the mod is:

R13 = 0.47
R14 = 0.345 (1.3 paralleled with 0.47)

My Q1 is 2SK1530 and Q2 is 2SJ201

See post #3544 for my simulation schematic where source Rs are R1 and R2.

Last edited:
so i 'v done the easy 5min mod , DC offset put to 0 . it is not night and day but a subtle change in the tone more tubey you can call it , as i don't have distorsion meter all i can say is that it rounded a little the crisp berrylium tweeter that i have or blurr it a little if you want . fun to try but don't know yet if i will keep it ( i use stock IRFP92140 and 2SJ74 2KS70 front end

Cinco,
Have you tried IRFP mosfets before the Toshiba’s? Just wondering if the Shiba’s are a noticeable difference?
Thanks.

No, just built with the Toshibas. Couldn't get any Harris IRFP240 at the time and Fairchild, like in stock Firstwatt, unavailable/obsolete too. I could get the Toshibas though.

The nice thing about these Toshibas is the bigger TO-263 package and read good things about them.

Probably very subtle differenes since these are in common drain mode.