Official M2 schematic

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
regular shielding strip around donut is a must with M2

That's why I'm constantly repeating that Modushop 4U/400 is swiss knife case solution for all FW format amps - enough Alu , enough space

300 deep is cramped , for Sissies

OK , 400 is for Sissies , too :clown:

I'm pleading to Store to include both Dissipante 4U and Dissipante De Luxe 4U - 400 deep

Last edited:
regular shielding strip around donut is a must with M2

That's why I'm constantly repeating that Modushop 4U/400 is swiss knife case solution for all FW format amps - enough Alu , enough space

300 deep is cramped , for Sissies

OK , 400 is for Sissies , too :clown:

I'm pleading to Store to include both Dissipante 4U and Dissipante De Luxe 4U - 400 deep

Yes, you are right. I am reusing 4U/300 chassis, which I have bought quite a few years ago (4U/400 was not available at that point). Now I would definitely go for 400.

M2 'only' dissipates ~160w - not a lot around this corner of the forum :)

Why not put the amp in a smaller chassis, and the PSU in another? There will be silence when you want silence.

This makes sense especially for someone making their first FW amp, and reusing the PSU for subsequent builds.

I sound like a broken record :rofl:

Joined 2016
Paid Member
So, I boxed Edcors using TEKO 3710 with some mu metal glued in and most of the noise is gone, but the sound of the amplifier changed to much worse. Bass gone, mids hidden, dominant upper frequencies, quite sandy. As soon as I take TEKO lids off it starts sounding better. Any idea why this is happening?

Any chance the TEKO box or its lid makes contact with the Edcor core laminations, thereby inadvertently grounding them ?

As far as I understand, the TEKO box should be grounded, but the transfomer laminations themselves should not. That's the way I have built the amp boards.

Best regards,
Claas

Any chance the TEKO box or its lid makes contact with the Edcor core laminations, thereby inadvertently grounding them ?

As far as I understand, the TEKO box should be grounded, but the transfomer laminations themselves should not. That's the way I have built the amp boards.

Best regards,
Claas

No, I don't think so. TEKO boxes are grounded as I mounted them on the same bolts which hold PCBs to heatsinks, but they don't touch Edcors at all.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
frankly , all I know about is what I saw in amps I repaired - ring made of 2 or 3 full windings of metal strip , wound around perimeter of donut

material looks grainy on edges , fine surface ....... pretty much the same looking as xformer lamination

it can be mumetal , or something else , but certainly having decent magnetic characteristics