Official M2 schematic

Hi All,

Finally starting to implement my M2 PCB inside the amplifier box,

i would like to protect the circuit against peak at power up and inrush currents.
attached in folowing picture, the location of the CL-60!
i am not sure if it is the best position!
also some caps to absorb the peaks at power!

any caps to recommend ?
and is the CL-60 (5A) the best choice?

your expertise would be more than welcome !

thanks in advance!

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

sorry, been out for lunch.
next question!
I've been able to obtain some FQA12P20/19N20 but their VGS is some 1.5V apart (Ps from Ns).
Butttttt....
I found some old IRFP140/9140 in my drawer wich match perfectly at 4V.

So...
would it be beneficial to apply the later in M2 circuit??

faithfully A.

@Fabian85, you've got some room to fatten up a couple of your traces. In particular, I'd fatten the ones between the MOSFETs and R13/R14, but also those between V+ and V- and the MOSFETs.

It wouldn't hurt to make the input traces around R1 and the transformer smaller so they don't inadvertently pick up noise.

If your V+ to C3 trace is in the top copper, then I don't know how reasonable it is to rely on the solder mask for electrical isolation with the heatsink. You could cover it with Kapton tape, but it might be easier to make sure any under-heatsink traces are in the back copper.

Cheers,
Jeff.

Thanks for the Info !

viewer.php

Hi All ,

for the IRFP240 and IRFP9240, what thermal interface product do you recommand ?
I have few option in stock in my drawer:
some aluminium oxide pads, silicon pads, probably also some mica pads.

what about the thermal grease or paste something to recommand with these pads?

with the hard pads as the aluminum oxyde or mica , some paste is clearly needed , but for the silicon pad probably not thermal paste is requiered?

thanks in advance

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited: