• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

O2 amp Australian parts GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
haha excellent, since hes not a star, that post oughta come up when you google Rowan Lee + Platinum Soundwave

nah not yet, but if we fill a couple posts with it perhaps

Rowan Lee + Platinum Soundwave

Last edited:
Just did another search, turns out Platinum Soundwave is the name bluefusion was using to make his lasers sound like a professional business.

The footer of his lasers website that is still up has this 'Copyright 2008 BlueFusion Web Design, division of Platinum Soundwave'

Apparently for the laser forum scam transactions he was using a paypal id called 'Platinum Soundwave' as well.

haha excellent, since hes not a star, that post oughta come up when you google Rowan Lee + Platinum Soundwave

nah not yet, but if we fill a couple posts with it perhaps

just for good measure :headshot:

Google is now working a treat first thing that comes up with platinum soundwave is this thread.

Karma.

excellent!

A partial quote from AussieAmpBloke over on Headphonic.

I got one of mine built, for a friend, and in doing so noticed that the pots that were bought for the aussie GB were Alps 3B slope, not the 15A which is the proper audio slope. The 3B is designed for balance controls, and is almost linear (with a little bit of taper at each end). This means that the volume control has too much happening below 9'o clock, and not enough happening afterwards.

Can anyone else verify that we all got the wrong potentiometer?

The one we are meant to have is a logarithmic pot isn't it?

I can verify that mine does infact hit hard below the 9'o.

Mine also hits hard under 9 o'clock as you say.

I have checked the mouser order that BF provided, it had the correct part number on the order

ALPS RK09712200MC which according to datasheet is the 15A taper. I don't have my O2 on hand to double check that was the part that BF gave ddw to send to all of us though.

Actually, one of the alternatives on the official nwavguy bom is a 3B taper.

Mine also hits hard under 9 o'clock as you say.
I don't have my O2 on hand to double check that was the part that BF gave ddw to send to all of us though.
I haven't noticed any problem with my volume, maybe not as loud as I expected at high gain around 1-2 oclock...
9 oclock is pretty low isn't it?
Anyway I have the part in front of me (from my second unbuilt amp) - how do I check which one it is? It says "alps", is the b3 also alps?

Yeah there are two alps options on the bom, default spec is 15A taper.

I have the volume set between 9 and 12 almost all the time and I built for the lowest gain that nwavguy gave as option. Can't remember exactly what it was though, my next amp will be unity gain and I'm quite comfortable with that, excited even.

lol @ qusp

I'm similar situation I have AD900s, very light load for the amp.

In absence of actual markings I resorted to equivalent clock positions. So 9 is on the left on most of my clocks. I was never a fan of decimal time, though even then I suppose the 9 is still on the left.

Sorry mate its late here, this may seem funnier right now than it really is! :D

Last edited:
Actually 9 oclock would be around the normal 4 hand (for am) and 11 (for pm). :D
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_time#Decimal_hours

OK I just wanted to make sure that our referencing system is the same, you know...

So what volume are you usually listening on?
I'm usually between 12-2 but feel that it should have enough grant lower than that (and I don't consider myself as a high volume listener - it does get loud around 3 oclock).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.