• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

O2 amp Australian parts GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No reply to the last 2 messages and the build is finished but... I plugged in an old pair of headphones and they started heating up pretty quick so hopefully tonight will be going over the fault finding section of the blog to see what's gone wrong. Checked for bridges and dr joints but frustration got the better of me do I put it up.

I'll keep trying BF...

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I also got a PM from an observer state-side as well and he said to check R12 & R13. I did the full resistance test with only U2 in and R12 is the culprit (its reading jumps all over the shop). I've desoldered one leg, checked the resistor value and re-soldered it and the DMM is still jumping all over the place. R12 is still sad so I'm about to hunt back the components connected on that run and check those joints.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi ddw, I just had a look at the schematic and R12 is in series with a 2.2uF cap so the resistance value will change if measured in circuit as the current from the multimeter flows through to charge that 2.2uF cap. If you leave it long enough that cap will probably fully charge and your reading will stabalise. Changing the level on the volume control will probably also change the rate of change of the resistor reading.

I would expect that you would see something similar happening on R13. If you are not then check the joints on R13, C14, and your volume pot (as the problem may be with those rather than your R12.

Tony.

the above sounds like that cap in series with R13 might be the problem as in shorted to ground, or something in parallel with it is shorted to ground. i havent built the amp or studied the schematic, but if one is giving the expected behavior of changing with the pot and as the cap charges, but R13 is not, it seems you have a shorted cap perhaps, which would explain the headphones heating up, if the cap filters the DC.

it really is incredible the idiotic pathelogical ******** BF comes up with, when he knows we are on speaking terms with MoonShad0w. its really incredible hes lasted as long as he has as a scammer

it really is incredible the idiotic pathelogical ******** BF comes up with, when he knows we are on speaking terms with MoonShad0w. its really incredible hes lasted as long as he has as a scammer
To be fair his scamming style is not always particularly lucrative. Lucky for him kfc still send him a pay cheque, wonder if there is any way to get that pay cheque directed to moonshadow and ddw until their debts are repayed? :cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.