New Tracer is coming

Eh, embed your human-supplied priorities and requirements within the objective function which the software seeks to maximize.
Sure. Nothing new under the sun. The big question is what the objective function should be. The answer will depend on what chsractrrostic(s) you need to match, in which operating range, possibly with variable weighting, and some numerical pitfalls in the optimization problem. Start writing that PhD thesis, or just use your eyes to match those curves :)

I would imagine that you can set a range of the curve you need matching at and exclude operating points where matching isn't as important.

If this software can compute the harmonics of a transistor at a given operating point and drive level, then you could just match according to harmonics in your application, keeping in mind the linearity limits of the ADC/DAC.

I would imagine that you can set a range of the curve you need matching at and exclude operating points where matching isn't as important.

If this software can compute the harmonics of a transistor at a given operating point and drive level, then you could just match according to harmonics in your application, keeping in mind the linearity limits of the ADC/DAC.
Yes, sure, the alglrithem is developed for DIYers, especially audio DIYers, not for PhD mentor. :)
However, it's not software-open-sourced, according to the author, the core of algorithm (ex. weighting) is propietary and exclusivelly designed for audio matching.
So I guess trying is better than saying.
I asked for 2 fully-assembled tracer samples with expansion module, which means they can perform their best capability; and the package is on the way to my place.

Since I already have one iTacer, and I have started layout PCB with NANO module, please let me know if anyone is interested for evaluating the iTracer, and I'll make a plan.

(I just found this Configuration window.)
Based on applications, users can set their own weights of coefficients, which inluence the curves by their own way and extent.
So, if you are awared of these coeffients (as explained before, the coefficients of the fitting functions),
you can actually define your own definition of "matching", or leave it default, let the designer of the software helps you to match by optimized weightings.

1651391438529.png

Using Expansion Module for measuring 8X 2SK79 at once, and the traces data will automatically be stored into database;
This means, once you assigned a permanent ID to a 2SK79 (for example, 2SK79-0-1, see below), you are not in a hurry.
Just open up data, and do anything you want, in the case below, the similarity of these 8x 2SK79 are calculated.

1652591177007.png
1652591298789.png

Although the THD/FFT Simulation Analysis is still preliminary,
yet it still provides DIYers a very intuitive and comprehensive point of view to quickly evaluate the properties of DUT,
and its behavior, based on the data you just acquired from iTracer nearly real-time!
This Analysis Tool tells you what's gonna happen if you use the DUT and the basic circuitry as Diagram on the right shown.
Hereafter, it performs simulation and show the results as FFTs and Waveforms.

For hobbyists and amateur DIYers, you don't need to know detailed and tough electronics, this Analysis Tool is developed for these users. Because you don't need to know exactly what all these curves mean; you just look at the simulated results of each transistors you measured,
and let the intuition take the rest of charaterizing, parameterizing transistors. That's all.

1652593700243.png

Reactions: 1 user
Using Expansion Module for measuring 8X 2SK79 at once, and the traces data will automatically be stored into database;
This means, once you assigned a permanent ID to a 2SK79 (for example, 2SK79-0-1, see below), you are not in a hurry.
Just open up data, and do anything you want, in the case below, the similarity of these 8x 2SK79 are calculated.

View attachment 1054271 View attachment 1054272
The curve comparison is hard to read because of the seemingly random choice of line colors. I'd suggest to use the same color for all curves of the same part.