Attachments

• IMG_1349.JPG
    IMG_1349.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_1350.JPG
    IMG_1350.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 190
Reactions: 3 users
I sincerely doubt that, I expect my assumptions are somewhat realistic.
Not sure when I will be able to make some more speakers, numbers are not working in my favour right now, maybe I'll try to find some cheap 8" to pair it with.
Well, you'll never know just by looking at them, and even less by leaving them in a drawer.

I gotta ask... if you don't think they will work for you for any of your setup, why did you buy them?

I gotta ask... if you don't think they will work for you for any of your setup, why did you buy them?
I do think they will work very well, I just haven't used them. I was planning to pair them with a couple TB W6 1139SI only to find that the rubber surround on those had cracked for some reason.
Not sure which driver to use for bass anymore since the Beta 15's I have laying about might be a slight overkill and I am planning to make a bass solution for my 9 year old daughter with those.
My wife wanted me to make some new speakers for the washroom, and the SB65 should be nice for that, so looking for cheap-ish 6-8" that may fit the bill, everything is so expensive now.

I have two data, but my driver doesn't know which one.

SB20FRPC30-8 / Prototype Data(11.07.2019) and Preliminary Data(22.03.2022)

The voice coil of the old one should be a little longer/higher.

The old datasheet looked a little better, slightly more xmax (5.6mm) as well as a Qt that's a bit better to manage.
The old one needed a BR box volume or around 67 liter tuned @ 39Hz.
The new one doesn't give such a nice alignment and has only 4.1mm xmax.
Nice flat impedance though

Last edited:
The voice coil of the old one should be a little longer/higher.

The old datasheet looked a little better, slightly more xmax (5.6mm) as well as a Qt that's a bit better to manage.
The old one needed a BR box volume or around 67 liter tuned @ 39Hz.
The new one doesn't give such a nice alignment and has only 4.1mm xmax.
Nice flat impedance though

Thanks b_force,

The full-range driver is interesting, because the sound changes depending on the box.