New Hifisonix KX2-Amplifier

Hi!

Pics of the inside and rear please!! It will help some of the newbie builders to this circuit like crispycircuit above…;)

Best,
Anand.
OK

IMG_20230108_171156.jpg
IMG_20230108_171422.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Olopollo,
Nice clean looking amp, as a suggestion it is good precaution to insulate your primary wiring. The ground lift suggested by crispycircuit will help a-leave any potential hum issues, and if you read over bonsai’s article on ground loops it may help keep the amp quiet with a little movement on the internal wiring.
Bill

HI

I am new on this thread, I would be interrested to build The KX2 and for that would like to know if there are any French builders who have done this amplifier yet. So if you are concerned by my request please let me know, it will be easier for me to have exchanges in french rather than in English.
Sincerly yours

Geo

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Good afternoon

Bonsai

I will be very thankful for an answer.
I ask to excuse if before there was an answer in a theme.

as far as is the temperature of transistors of radiator of 70-80С critical warming up in a flow 30-60 minutes ?
what ideas on the temperature of transistors ?
very thankful for an answer.
Apologies for the very late reply here.

70-80C is far too hot. For full class A operation 55-60C is the absolute max upper limit. In your case, I’d operate the amp in class AAB mode.

HI

I am new on this thread, I would be interrested to build The KX2 and for that would like to know if there are any French builders who have done this amplifier yet. So if you are concerned by my request please let me know, it will be easier for me to have exchanges in french rather than in English.
Sincerly yours

Geo
Hi @Gvida,
@Bonsai just forwarded your request to me.
As I said to him, I didn't build the KX2 but I built the NX, there may be similarities in the build(?). BTW if I can help I'll, please private message me in french, I'll try to do my best to help.
Thanks,
Raphaël

Apologies for the very late reply here.

70-80C is far too hot. For full class A operation 55-60C is the absolute max upper limit. In your case, I’d operate the amp in class AAB mode.
1. amp in class AAB mode +-28V
2. cooling is not little 400мм 150мм 40мм
3. there is a slow warming-up 30 minutes to the temperature 60-70 degrees.
4. thermal balance comes a temperature is a current of rest. current of rest as a mode A class

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
If you are in class AAB mode and the amplifier ends up settling in class A mode that would normally indicate the heatsinks are undersized, but your heatsinks for class AAB look ok to me given their size. Are the heatsink measurements you give for one channel or both?

I am away travelling at the moment. On Tuesday I will come back to you to take some measurements so we can find your problem.