New Hifisonix KX2-Amplifier

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Olopollo,

To run the kx-Amplifier in class AB, just leave switch J8 OPEN. Then you have R8 = 4.7k and R18 = 33k. This should give you a reading of ~200mV across [R12 + R13] which will give an output bias current of 300mA +-50mA. This will give a total power dissipation of around 30W per channel. If that is still too high for your heatsink, remove R18 altogether.

VERY IMPORTANT: YOU MUST CHANGE R5 AND R4 TO 1K!

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
It looks like Jim's Audio is no longer trading on eBay. If this is indeed the case, I will supply kx2-Amplifier boards from the Hifisonix shop. I'll update later in the week.

The original nx-Amplifier will soon be replaced by an upgraded and better-performing nx2-Amplifier, so I don't propose putting the old nx-amplifier PCBs in the Hifisonix shop.

:)

Reactions: 1 user
Olopollo,

To run the kx-Amplifier in class AB, just leave switch J8 OPEN. Then you have R8 = 4.7k and R18 = 33k. This should give you a reading of ~200mV across [R12 + R13] which will give an output bias current of 300mA +-50mA. This will give a total power dissipation of around 30W per channel. If that is still too high for your heatsink, remove R18 altogether.

VERY IMPORTANT: YOU MUST CHANGE R5 AND R4 TO 1K!
I am very grateful to you

Reactions: 1 user