• Screenshot_20230401-203722~2.png
    Screenshot_20230401-203722~2.png
    207.8 KB · Views: 139
Reactions: 1 users
www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I’ve updated the first post with an advisory on the driver devices as follows:-

The KSC2690 and KSA1220 driver transistors have been discontinued by ON and are no longer available from reputable distributors like Mouser and Digikey. However, this is no problem for the kx2-Amp. Simply replace Q10 with a KSC3503 and Q11 KSA1220 with the KSA1381. These are the same devices used in the amplifier VAS stages but work perfectly as drivers in the kx-Amp without modification or change in performance.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi Bonsai, I built kx2 and am very happy with it. I had started building two kx boards before the kx2. I would like to complete kx but I don't have large heat sink. What value of R1 do I need for AB bias in kx? I am very grateful for your work.

Attachments

• foto kx.jpg
    foto kx.jpg
    514.6 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi Bonsai, I built kx2 and am very happy with it. I had started building two kx boards before the kx2. I would like to complete kx but I don't have large heat sink. What value of R1 do I need for AB bias in kx? I am very grateful for your work.
Hello Oloppolo , let me come back to you a bit later this week. Thank you for your kind comments