• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

New FIFO buffer for RPI/SBCs

Terry , you placed new order ? Please PM your order number

@cdsgames;
thank you for the fast support!
I just received the cable today.

Does someone can just confirm to me that it is the right polarity please?

Attachments

• InkedIMG-3941_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG-3941_LI.jpg
    618.2 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
Edit: There is a similar request from the Volumio forum:

"Do you know if we have the chance in the future to get a stand-alone Katana equivalent with classic inputs (USB, coax etc.)?"

Forget that. Most of us are more then happy we finally got rid of that extremely annoying USB interface for audio after years of suffering.

Most of us spent 100s of $ to clean that messy interface up.

And don't tell me you'd like to run DSD512 or 768kHz. Or anyone would!?!?
These rates are nonsense and just used for marketing purposes. 99.9999% is still

Enjoy that I2S HAT. It IMO can't get better than that.

Forget that. Most of us are more then happy we finally got rid of that extremely annoying USB interface for audio after years of suffering.
Most of us spent 100s of $ to clean that messy interface up.

The final noise of the Allo USBridge is lower than the noise of a battery. And maybe Allo has a signature version of it in the pipeline like the signature version of the Digione.
With an USB input Katana you can select which sounds better to you or better fits into your set-up.

Matt

That USB bridge is the consequence of that messy USB interface! :eek:
Just another gadget/solution trying to cope with it.
You just don't need USB. Inside the DAC after leaving the USB interface chip you
go I2S again anyhow. That doesn't make sense. You can have I2S right on the Pi.

You know certainly better than me that RPi I2S is far from perfect.

The Raspberry Pi: Audio out through I2S | Dimdim's Blog

Matt

RPi dacs are fine for listening to music.

Not necessarily so fine for things like editing music or video, or just for use when watching video. When real time playback from USB, SPDIF, TOSLINK, AES interfaces is needed, then what? It seems understandable some people would be asking about such things.

OoohKay. It's getting weird.

You just don't get what I am talking about here.

I never said there aren't any good USB Audio """solutions""" out there.

I did say it takes major effort to cope with the issues around the USB interface.
For a period of at least ten years the entire high quality audio industry failed
to eliminate the USB associated issues. Things did get better over time tough.

However. These USB related issues still exist! Otherwise we wouldn't need a Allo USB bridge, USB Regen, iPurifier. isolators, asf. asf.

If manufactures would build DACs that'd be able to cope with USB properly, we'd be able to use a RPI USB port as-is. It doesn't seem to be possible though. Yep. USB is that bad.

Many issues are bettered by going straight I2S.

And. I really do not need DSD512 @ 370MByte/minute as a trigger to drive me back into that mess.

Enjoy.

If you ask me whats best from a tech point of view...i2s without a doubt.

It was designed for audio and especially with master mode i2s is almost perfect (since MCLK comes direct from a clock thats next to the DAC ic. You cannot lower the jitter more than this particular architecture

However people seem to enjoy higher sample rate and DSDs and on most SBC /i2s its not possible , enter the USB solution

Its convenient , its fast but I seen some tests and its not perfect in asynch mode. (losing some bytes..??)

I think best bus depends on what you value.

If you ask me whats best from a tech point of view...i2s without a doubt.

It was designed for audio and especially with master mode i2s is almost perfect (since MCLK comes direct from a clock thats next to the DAC ic. You cannot lower the jitter more than this particular architecture

However people seem to enjoy higher sample rate and DSDs and on most SBC /i2s its not possible , enter the USB solution

Its convenient , its fast but I seen some tests and its not perfect in asynch mode. (losing some bytes..??)

I think best bus depends on what you value.

Hi Cdsgames,

Is there plan from allo enhance some distro other than volumio? think volumio is going on hardware path..