• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

New FIFO buffer for RPI/SBCs

Hi Soundcheck

we shipped to date over 150 Katanas to customers .Still we have a number of mistakes that is unacceptable I am not happy with our shipping dept and , we had a discussion .. sorry to say but we had people fired over the multiple mistakes .

I am fully confident on our Katana , because of the sound quality. I am also fully confident that we will improve and will ship with minimum errors

Meanwhile, as always , we will support any customer that received wrong cables etc.

We are here , we are listening.

Nice to hear. Hopefully allo will continuously improve.

That is nice!
There are quite a few reports that the Tinkerboard sounds better than the RPi.
Both the new Volumio streamer and the new Pink Faun streamers use one.
So it might be also a benefit for Allo to make sure that all their RPi products are Tinkerboard compatible as well.

Matt

From an audio point of view , I dont think there is a real advantage going to thinker. Still , I think , the noise on thinker board is slightly lower than RPI , but its capped at 24/192Khz on I2S

Yet with the better OS RPI has a clear advantage

cdsgames and Allo,

Just so you know, I received a Katana DAC circuit board power cable, the one with a Brown wire for the + and a Black wire for the -, that was reversed. Or, in other words, Black for the + and Brown for the -.

This thread and cdsgames participation herein helped out, and I was on the lookout for it. No harm done.

Just wanted for you to be able to account for these in the field. My order number was 004437.

There are many, many ways Allo support goes the extra mile and here is another example of one. Kundos!

When I2S of SBCs is restricted for various reasons why not offer an USB interface for Katana so Katana could be used with devices with USB output like Allo USBridge for example.

Matt

Edit: There is a similar request from the Volumio forum:

"Do you know if we have the chance in the future to get a stand-alone Katana equivalent with classic inputs (USB, coax etc.)?"

cdsgames and Allo,

Just so you know, I received a Katana DAC circuit board power cable, the one with a Brown wire for the + and a Black wire for the -, that was reversed. Or, in other words, Black for the + and Brown for the -.

This thread and cdsgames participation herein helped out, and I was on the lookout for it. No harm done.

Just wanted for you to be able to account for these in the field. My order number was 004437.

There are many, many ways Allo support goes the extra mile and here is another example of one. Kundos!

Can you PM me your order number ? I want to check with shipping when and where it was sent from