New: Faital Pro 12RS430

price in Europe (no VAT)

12rs430.PNG

@duvixan: these are prices based on having a commercial account at TLHP, VAT excluded.
I can buy them on this basis, but private customers can not. View attachment 1246986

@daanve I need QTY=8 for my project, and I am definitely not going to pay US$300 each from PE. What are the requirements to get a commercial account? If someone can help me out, feel free to PM me.

Reactions: 1 user
Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Before the comunism kicks back and flood the world with coruption and goulags, it is good to look at mass market competition and here Tlhp are good, expecially when you see working charges in France (the last true comunism country, lol. I know I live here), so it means less margin and more solding volume I imagine. I encourage that and they are bretons so not french, lol ! ( I am customer, serious people and they ship fast). Too bad they don't sold ScanSpeak anymore.

No, definition for Faital Xmax calculation is stated on the datasheet:
Xmax= [(winding depth - magnetic gap depth)/2] + (magnetic gap depth/3)

This is quite common for PA manufacturers, as for Hifi it is more usual to take the more strict definition mentioned by Azrael. Values for Winding Depth and Magnetic Gap Depth are also on the datasheet, so no conspiracy here...

BTW, 10FE330 in CB together with 4FE42 as midrange (+ dome tweeter from another brand, e.g. SB19ST) may give a very nice budget compact monkey coffin...

Reactions: 1 user
The simple x_max = +/- (voice coil winding height - magnetic gap height) / 2 rule just defined by the geometry is very old, and assumes that within that range the driving magnetic field is linear, as until then there is full overlap between VC and gap. It is a proven indication for perfomance, but no exact measurement as the BL(x) curve and Kms(x) curve are not ideally linear and vary from driver's to driver's overall specific design.

There is a newer proposal from Klippel company related to the nonlinearity of BL(x) and Kms(x) curves (when you are able to measure them) which correlate much better to expected THD output (still neglecting inductivity influence Le(i) and Le(x) EDIT: correction, there is even a definition for that, but for woofers in the low frequencies it matches pretty good):

https://www.klippel.de/fileadmin/kl...plication_Notes/AN_05_Displacement_Limits.pdf

Reactions: 1 users