New: Faital Pro 12RS430

Big wavecors are more expensive than Seas ans as zxpensive than ScanSpeak...low sensivity.

L26roy from Seas below 200/300 hz is perhaps a good competitor. But at equal low end...see sb29 vs SB34 measured by Iamjf, does not the bigger Sd the better midbass perf ?
Price depends on geography I think. For me, the Wavecor is cheaper than all Seas 10" drivers, L26roy is almost 2x the price here. WF275BD01 is a bit more expensive than Scanspeak discovery, less expensive than all other scans, and it's a more robust driver than the discovery. It's cheaper than the WO24p, near the price of the various SB34 drivers.

As for sensitivity, power is cheap and 90db is good enough for me, certainly better than many in the 'class'.

I'm not saying it's the best option, I'm saying it's an overlooked alternative that has very good measured performance.

When checking that Audioxpress review, there obviously is something wrong. That review is not about the WF275BD01 (Sd 72.4 sq cm????)
Indeed, that appears to be yet another Audioexpress transcription error. They really need an editor... I read the review in the magazine, didn't notice this. Here's the proper data
U5nWY9l.jpeg

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
All of you: what bass driver for a 3 ways would you choose to favor music only (no home theater) in less than 70 liters for a living room (40m²).
I have the 12pr320 42 Fs on shelves but I wonder if it is better to go to anything between 10" to 12" with much lower Fs?
The Faital 12pr320 has a F6 around 45 hz. But more than 85/95 liters load with loss Ql=3 . That's big for me.

I do not care if vented or sealed, if 9" to 12" : I am limted by the cabinet size for living room and monney as a second position. I do not say I can not make the effort tobreak the banq for a L26Roy, SB34NRXL-8. However the bass drivers dropping at the end only 86 dB sensivity seems to lowish spl, no ?

If any idea, please. For the moment I conclue the SB34 L version for hifi use is better than the 12PR320 despite the excellent low inductance of the Faital (more alive bass driver ?).

What is good enough for hifi ? (ok I can EQ in the future but not yet)

Last edited:
Troels will use the new 12rs430 instead of the 12pr320 in the upcoming 3wc-12 with deeper bass:

"The 12" will trigger a new Faital-3WC-12-430, maybe next year. This will not mean the end to current Faital-3WC-12, as this features high efficiency and may be desirable for some. Most likely a new Faital-3WC-12-430 is likely to go deeper at the expense of efficiency."

Reactions: 1 user
Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Without tricks, my vote is for SB34NRXL75-8 in a ~ 70 L vented (SBB4) enclosure when you cope with vented.
You might consider using a passive radiator; SB has them dedicated for the SB34 woofer.
Everything else will make things easily more complex.
Don't forget that placement / room acoustics will dominate the final result!

When I simed it I went to much more volume >90 liters because I thougth such PA driver with vented dust cap and fabric surround has a lot of loss. So I choosed a Ql= 3 or 4 .

Can one sim with Ql=7 with confidence ?

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
...sure, on can also decide to make 2 or 3 vents to play with their closing, full also the load with bricks and play with foam on portsto make it aperiodic ... a little like some did with Onken and the front squared ports. The important imo for me is not to above too much volume cause it is living room, and also start from the good driver.
I do not know really how much loss I should introduce when siming a BR.

Do you build for Ql = 3 then reduce the load area by filling the cab until you have the rigth impedance and then calcul the according > Ql : >3 up to 15.

Are the ports area impacted by the size of the enclosure or just by the choice of the alignement ? Ahaha I'm really off topic. I should re read Dickason and D'Apollitto books !

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Without tricks, my vote is for SB34NRXL75-8 in a ~ 70 L vented (SBB4) enclosure when you cope with vented.
You might consider using a passive radiator; SB has them dedicated for the SB34 woofer.
Everything else will make things easily more complex.
Don't forget that placement / room acoustics will dominate the final result!

sounds like a good option in spite of 2 x 10RS430 , almost same volume.

the qts of this sb34nrx-l permits almost a discrete Bessel alignement !