New Amplifier - ULD Extreme

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
We are robbing Peter to pay PAUL.

His name is PETER!!

I look forward to meeting him quite soon when his amp is ready for testing. Nice job too, from the photo!

How's the amp coming along, Carl?

I've recently heard it with one of my split cap power supplies and it's not bad.... there was some transient upset on electrostatics, but I would think on cone speakers it would be very good indeed.

Cheers,

Hugh

Last edited:
Hi Aksa,
You are Aksa on the Forum.
When addressing you privately via PM or Email I will probably use Hugh. I have done so in the past and will continue to do so.
These two situations are different and I believe they deserve to be kept different.

It is less confusing to new readers that we use our Forum names when addressing each other and referring to posts/authors. I for one will not remember many personal names, but I can often recognise Forum names and can search for posts of that Member if I need to refer back to see what is being discussed.

"call me anything but Sue"

Andrew,

I cannot disagree with you, for it is your opinion, but people are different and do not think the same. :gnasher: I respond to most things, but best of all to Hugh, and I put my name as AKSA because I did not wish to misrepresent who I am and that I have a commercial outlook. My name, however, remains Hugh and while I respond to either, I prefer my name.

It is probably a good thing that we none of us think the same way...... God help us if we did. :D

Hugh (aka AKSA, either/or, but Hugh preferred.......

Andrew,

I cannot disagree with you, for it is your opinion, but people are different and do not think the same. :gnasher: I respond to most things, but best of all to Hugh, and I put my name as AKSA because I did not wish to misrepresent who I am and that I have a commercial outlook. My name, however, remains Hugh and while I respond to either, I prefer my name.

It is probably a good thing that we none of us think the same way...... God help us if we did. :D

Hugh (aka AKSA, either/or, but Hugh preferred.......)

Just don't call me Mary...

Sorry Guys ive been playing in the mud and making strange grunting noises of late. I have a batch of 2SC3423's delivered so I will attempt to fire it up in the next day or so...

Anyone else not getting their email notifications from this forum?

Peter.

Sorry Guys ive been playing in the mud and making strange grunting noises of late. I have a batch of 2SC3423's delivered so I will attempt to fire it up in the next day or so...

Anyone else not getting their email notifications from this forum?

Peter.

Hi Peter,
I'm Guessing either Army reserve or gardening? :D

Email notifications should be fine now. The major changes made have almost been completed.

Terry

"Houston, we've had a problem"

Visual inspection - check
Transistor/Heatsink Isolation - check
VRs set to 0ohm - check

Power up
voltage rails +-55v - check
emitter resistors 7-14mv - no go 0mv
output voltage 44 VDC

Abort Mission
power down!

I will take various circuit voltage readings when I have more time but any suggestions on possible faults would be appreciated..

Peter

Last edited:
check the Vbe of each output transistor and of each driver.
be carefull to check the orientation of the test meter leads, so that a +ve voltage reads as positive and you post the result as that and that a -ve voltage reads as -xxxVdc and that you post it as a -ve voltage.

Take care to NOT to short B to E. I have destroyed a number of amplifiers doing just this, old hands and old eyes are becoming a worsening problem.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.