• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

NAP250 amp boards & regulator boards

I have posted a lot about that a long time ago - maybe I will find the images again.
You cannot see that clearly with many of the images found in the net, but a good proof is the fact that the two green wires run from the transformer to the centre ground between the main caps.

Payment sent thanks.

JeffYoung: 6 amp, 2 original_reg, 4 inverted_reg PAID
lohk: 2 amp, 2 inverted_reg PAID
john.luckins: 2 amp, 2 inverted_reg PAID
avtech23: 2 amp, 2 inverted_reg PAID
ultima legion: 2 amp (original_reg, inverted_reg, or both?)
jean michael: 4 amp, 4 inverted_reg
gary s: 2 amp, 2 inverted_reg PAID
Quantensprung: 4 amp, 2 original_reg, 2 inverted_reg
Skunark: 4 amp, 2 original_reg, 2 inverted_reg PAID

I have posted a lot about that a long time ago - maybe I will find the images again.
You cannot see that clearly with many of the images found in the net, but a good proof is the fact that the two green wires run from the transformer to the centre ground between the main caps.

I did buy a NAP180 for the case (and NA001 transistors) so I can open it up and photograph it (assuming it's the same as the 250).

Jeff,

this is slightly off-topic but would you mind sharing a pic (ideally mounted) of the circular mil spec connectors you mentionned earlier in the thread ?

They are pricey, but I don't built 10 amp a year either... so this got me curious.

Cheers,

Max

PS: I found the datasheet/catalog page I have acces to pretty poor to be honest...

Jeff,

this is slightly off-topic but would you mind sharing a pic (ideally mounted) of the circular mil spec connectors you mentionned earlier in the thread ?

They are pricey, but I don't built 10 amp a year either... so this got me curious.

Cheers,

Max

PS: I found the datasheet/catalog page I have acces to pretty poor to be honest...

Hi Max,

I will indeed. While the cost is eye-watering, they are really sweet.

(I should have a board built-up by next week. Ping me again if you'd rather see just a mock-up sooner.)

Note: 2 amp means 2 amp boards; i.e. enough for one stereo amplifier.

JeffYoung: 6 amp, 2 original_reg, 4 inverted_reg RECEIVED
lohk: 2 amp, 2 inverted_reg PAID
john.luckins: 2 amp, 2 inverted_reg PAID
avtech23: 2 amp, 2 inverted_reg PAID
gary s: 2 amp, 2 inverted_reg SHIPPED
Skunark: 8 amp, 4 original_reg, 4 inverted_reg PAID

--- waiting list ---

pem1: 2 amp (original_reg, inverted_reg, or both?)

Cheers,
Jeff

Quick mockup (in actual use I think I'd add some heatshrink at the end of the wire down to the shoulder):

attachment.php

Cheers,
Jeff.

Attachments

• pins.JPG
    pins.JPG
    192.6 KB · Views: 681
Hi Jeff,

Those mil style gold connectors look the part. They seem to have a large contact surface area - are they quite tight when mated, i.e. do you need to give them a good tug to disconnect?

I would also add heat shrink down to the shoulder to "finish" them off - very professional looking.

Note: 2 amp means 2 amp boards; i.e. enough for one stereo amplifier.

JeffYoung: 6 amp, 2 original_reg, 4 inverted_reg RECEIVED
lohk: 2 amp, 2 inverted_reg SHIPPED
john.luckins: 2 amp, 2 inverted_reg SHIPPED
avtech23: 2 amp, 2 inverted_reg SHIPPED
gary s: 2 amp, 2 inverted_reg SHIPPED
Skunark: 8 amp, 4 original_reg, 4 inverted_reg SHIPPED

--- waiting list ---

pem1: 2 amp (original_reg, inverted_reg, or both?)

Cheers,
Jeff