These are my lengths and my bredaboard Mi lengths.jpg

1kHz squarewave output.jpg

LM318 metal can.jpg

Old and faithful.jpg

Polipropilene.jpg

Boxing.jpg

Enclosure arrangement

hi,

after one year on a wooden board now it's time to build a real enclosure for my FE. In the attached picture you can see how I would like to build it.

There are three areas: the leftmost one is shielded and dedicated to the trafos, middle area for input selector , an internal dac (subbu V3) a pot and a future relays/resistors board for volume attenuation.

The rightmost area is for the FE boards.
In this way, signal/audio and power supply lines shoud not cross.
I haven't drilled anything yet, so let me know if you see any disadvantage in this setup.

I'm a novice, so any suggestion is welcome!

Best regards,
Filippo

Attachments

• P1200058.jpg
    P1200058.jpg
    735.6 KB · Views: 515
Nice adequate heatsink for two 3886.
That will ensure the normal operating temperature is kept low.

Just make sure EVERY circuit has it's own Flow and Return Pair. AND that each pair are close coupled or better, throughout their WHOLE route.
Once all that is attended to then make the few extra connections to components that need a reference or Safety connection.

Hi Luigi,

the heatsink is part of the enclosure I bought from HiFi2000. It's a "Pesante Dissipante" model but i'm building different parts of the enclosure by myself: the left side and the shield for the transformers are not part of the original kit. I think they also sell the heathsink alone as spare part.

The small transformer is part of the power supply of the subbu DAC (the small rectangular board in the middle area)

Best regards,

Filippo

My_Ref Fremen Edition Group Buy - 6th Run

Just in case you guys haven't heard, Dario has opened a new group buy for the FE boards. Naturally, it's located in the Group Buy Forum.

I'm in for another pair. That will make a total of 7 stereo pair, if memory serves. Three pair built and working, although I have some finishing to do.

I would be curious how many pairs of FE boards have been built and have amplified sound. So starting with my 3, add yours on and let's keep a running total. My guess is that it is more than 30.

Jac

I've got four FE monoblock amps running: a pair here and a pair on my friend's Eggleston's. They are all sounding mighty fine. Building a center channel single amp soon.

Going back to MyRef RevC, I've got a working pair of those and have destroyed another couple with excessive experimentation!

Mauro is my hero, Dario not far behind.

Peace,
Tom E

Hello to everyone,I just thought I would share.I got this far about a year ago and haven't done anything to it since.It's hard to take apart once it's playing:eek:.
I can say this.It's the only thing in the house that I can play for extended periods of time at louder levels without the wife stomping over and turning it down.:D I don't know what it is but man this thing is Sooooo easy on the ears.I have other lm3886 amps in the house but compared to this,they kinda make you wince after awhile and I end up turning off...much sooner.
I'm very happy I built it.
Thanks to you all

On top is a b1 buffer SALAS board that I've had for years and recently finished after getting inspired by the Myref freman.

Attachments

• DSC_0066.jpg
    DSC_0066.jpg
    515.6 KB · Views: 390
  • DSC_0075.jpg
    DSC_0075.jpg
    651.7 KB · Views: 387
  • DSC_0070.jpg
    DSC_0070.jpg
    704.5 KB · Views: 384