My Take on Threshold NS10

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Malotron, you have dissected the NS10. No more guesswork, no more back engineering :D of course adding the schematic posted by R-K which was also a tremendous step forward.

For the line amp we only need to take away the RIAA feed back stuff and replace it with some regular FB components.

Great pics Malotron, excellent contribution, Thanks...
:cool: :cool: :cool:

We have it all guys, even Nelson is happy now:bigeyes:

Thanks guys. Here's a power supply shot before I replaced the electrolytics.

-ma

Attachments

• ns10  ps.jpg
    ns10 ps.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 788
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
apassgear said:

Choky,

Could you elaborate?... in plain english? :xeye:

as I see it- positive input of LM307 (main actor in DC servo) is referenced to Vcc/2 via 1M-1M resistance divider........if word "tht" in mine post puzzles you-that is just "that" without "a".....typo.....;)

don't expect wisdom where you can't find it.....especially not in mine posts
I'm too flippant for wisdom....:clown:

steenoe said:
I wouldnt mind a pcb with the whole enchilada, including the RIAA. That would really be something;)
BTW, Russ did you make a pdf of the shuntreg supply you posted earlier in this thread?

Steen:)

Hi Steen,

That's a very good idea. I suppose I could make the RIAA section so it can bypassed. :)

Can you post a link to the schematic you are referring to? I am not sure I ever got around to that PCB, now may be a good time to try.

I am pretty busy this week, but I hope to be able to work on this this weekend.

BTW Jacco, I am very happy to do this, it is actually partly very selfish (I love this stuff).

Cheers!
Russ

Hi, Russ. This is the psu: (I havent given up on it yet;) )
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=786218#post786218
I am happy to see you are up to an updated design of this preamp. What we made wasnt an excact clone, but it sing's really pretty anyway. The real thing would be even nicer.
The Riaa part should be seperated from the line circuit and only connected when it is selected through the input selector. So there is no need to bypass the RIAA circuit, since its not part of the linelevel circuit.

steenoe said:
Hi, Russ. This is the psu: (I havent given up on it yet;) )
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=786218#post786218
I am happy to see you are up to an updated design of this preamp. What we made wasnt an excact clone, but it sing's really pretty anyway. The real thing would be even nicer.
The Riaa part should be seperated from the line circuit and only connected when it is selected through the input selector. So there is no need to bypass the RIAA circuit, since its not part of the linelevel circuit.

Ahhh yes... I have found it. I will make PDFs for you here shortly. The new "actual circuit" PCB will be single rail, so I will come up with a new PSU for it based on the same design.

I will show you what I have in mind for RIAA later. :)

Cheers!
Russ

Ahhh yes... I have found it. I will make PDFs for you here shortly. The new "actual circuit" PCB will be single rail, so I will come up with a new PSU for it based on the same design.
Sounds great, Russ:) Looking forward to see your layout, and to build this "Ferrari" of preamps:) BTW dont bother with the PDF's for that psu. It's better to use your time on the actual circuit. Maybe its easier to use the shunt reg psu single rail'ed? My guess is that the RIAA will need an even more quiet supply, so maybe we will have to reconsider the supply-design? Choky?

Steen:cool:

BTW. I am very happy that R-K Rønningstad joined this thread:cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.