My F4 build (questions, bragging, and other thoughts)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
the next steps (mechanical bragging stuff):

modushop‘s antivibration feet are bugging me, dont like the plastic and especially I‘m not convinced of the fact that they‘re supposed to be attached to the 2mm baseplate, it _will_ bend!

How did you do it?

Then, getting the faceplate done. Sorry, ZM, no lenco-logo, I‘m on thorens and won’t even put this one on 😊...

The power-switch is also a little bit a challenge, have to lower the torque and have it sound better (it’s too hard to turn and sounds clicky.

you silly boy :rofl:

see on pics of my builds where I did put (any) sort of feet to Modushop case

in short - foot is under the base of heatsink

Check out pic 14-ish: SissySIT, another one – Zen Mod Blog

Mister mighty-man McZenMod has raised the UMT bottom plate with standoffs, so the alu holding the sink together is the only place left for the feet. There are six holes visible, he prolly used the outer 4. the. Again, Mighty might surprise us and do it asymmetrically :)

I’ll do it his way next time. The feet are always in the way mounted on the plate itself.

I agree with Thimios. It is a strange patent, not thought through I would say. But then they are Italian.

Last edited:
Yes, he did purr, but unfortunately he died one night when I biased up to 115 watts dissipation per sink. Now I lost both the cat and the 50hz intermodulation w/harmonics his purring poured into my bass.

I got Russel wrong, he had that pic of his cat on top of the amp in the BA-3 thread. I got it upside down...

Joined 2017
Paid Member
Today (or was it yesterday?) I readjusted bias to 250mV and gave it a go with random favorite music from my computer.

There it is, that impression of having something special going on! It seems I begin to re-discover my music-collection... Even with the flimsy little furutech-pre/headamp (1V output max...) I get reasonable, and indeed listenable sound. Not really loud, though, but really enjoyable. So much that I forgot I actually would have had to work :D

It seems that there _is_ a run-in / burn-in (or whatever that's called), I wonder after how much time that gem will be fully developed?

I like it very much.

Check out pic 14-ish: SissySIT, another one – Zen Mod Blog

Mister mighty-man McZenMod has raised the UMT bottom plate with standoffs, so the alu holding the sink together is the only place left for the feet. There are six holes visible, he prolly used the outer 4. the. Again, Mighty might surprise us and do it asymmetrically :)

I’ll do it his way next time. The feet are always in the way mounted on the plate itself.

I agree with Thimios. It is a strange patent, not thought through I would say. But then they are Italian.

I see 4 motor caps of 50uF for PSU
are these good for PSU?

Joined 2017
Paid Member
Not Corona, an avalanche or a flood or something else deviant happened to you?

Worse: holidays! :D

Or, a bit more sincerely: I got a bit quiet because firstly I was messing with my WLS‘s rearrangement (nobody‘s interested in that), and then there’s other, unrelated issues (noisy mac).
Then came old soul, and the lottery…

Inbetween, I was quasi locked out of my atelier due to a job in the mountains, the quasi-inundation of the city, and well, yes, holidays in ticino, with 3 days not raining and 2 days with some sunshine. In other words, we got poured, which is still better than being in greece or so.

Covid is a beast I was able to circumvent quite eary+by pure luck: got shot twice, caliber moderna [emoji41]

Last edited: