My design L20D IRS2092+IRFI4020H 200W8R

I'm trying to decide which is the best psu board for L25D amp.
On ebay i can buy 68pcs 80v150uf matrix power supply kit: it's the best PSU?
And most important, for n.2 board L25D how many matrix power supply kit i need? How many 350w toroidal?
Which is the best/correct configuration?
1 toroidal + 1 matrix psu + 2 L25D
or
1 toroidal + 2 matrix psu + 2 L25D
or
1 toroidal + 1 matrix psu + 1 L25D
1 toroidal + 1 matrix psu + 1 L25D

Thank you every one helping me.
Pier

Your inductor shouldn't get hot, I have a 750 watt amp that runs slightly warm all the time.
Which core did you use ?
I use a t106-2.

For inductance test I had done.
- 2 red ring inductor has the lowest heat, but it has the largest distortion.

Followed by iron silicon aluminum inductance, the best is 7 g17 series with minimal distortion, but it does have a fever. Especially in high power supply voltages.

Because it will filter out directly about the power supply voltage of the signal, the LPF in the absence of output continued to work in a larger current.

Although it can still be stable running, a lot of friends to use more than one year experience in different temperatures. But if increasing radiator, or join fan. It may be possible to raise more current allowance.

Attachments

• IMG_2945.jpg
    IMG_2945.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 909
  • ????0.jpg
    ????0.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 868
  • IMG_2946.jpg
    IMG_2946.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 871
  • ????1.jpg
    ????1.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 821
  • IMG_2947.jpg
    IMG_2947.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 813
  • ????3.jpg
    ????3.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 314
Hi all,
thanks a lot for sharing your projects,

as many of you,
I just complete my L15D project, and as Peter, I have a hmmm issue, probably due to a ground loop.
Here is my config. and what I've done:
2 x Along L15D + 1 SMPS 500R
interconnects are good quality : ATLAS
speaker cables as well : QED
RCA plugs as well.
all other electric cables have isolation and good quality.
My speakers are good speakers: +90db Audax

RCA IN + -> Amplifier IN +
RCA IN - -> Amplifier IN -
Speaker+ -> Amplifier Speaker +
Speaker - -> Amplifier Speaker -
I link both speaker - to the PSU ground.

I've tried several config: both speaker - to PSU GND and then PSU GND to Amplifier GND -

I tried to completely unplug my RCAs from source as well as plug them to the DAC

I always have the hmmm issue.

I don't have this hmm issue if I unplug randomly one of the ALONG L15D (But I have this little hmm at 5cm to the speaker).

Any suggestions?
I red on a french forum someone who plug the - RCA to the ground... What do you think about it?

By advance, thank you for your help !

Hi all,
thanks a lot for sharing your projects,

as many of you,
I just complete my L15D project, and as Peter, I have a hmmm issue, probably due to a ground loop.
Here is my config. and what I've done:
2 x Along L15D + 1 SMPS 500R
interconnects are good quality : ATLAS
speaker cables as well : QED
RCA plugs as well.
all other electric cables have isolation and good quality.
My speakers are good speakers: +90db Audax

RCA IN + -> Amplifier IN +
RCA IN - -> Amplifier IN -
Speaker+ -> Amplifier Speaker +
Speaker - -> Amplifier Speaker -
I link both speaker - to the PSU ground.

I've tried several config: both speaker - to PSU GND and then PSU GND to Amplifier GND -

I tried to completely unplug my RCAs from source as well as plug them to the DAC

I always have the hmmm issue.

I don't have this hmm issue if I unplug randomly one of the ALONG L15D (But I have this little hmm at 5cm to the speaker).

Any suggestions?
I red on a french forum someone who plug the - RCA to the ground... What do you think about it?

By advance, thank you for your help !

Link your speaker minus to the star (PSU) ground only , not to the Ampifier speaker minus , leave these unconnected .
Make sure your RCA's are isolated from chassis .
Try to draw a schematic of your wiring and we can figure it out :)
little noise 5 cm's from speakers is normal with this amp .

Cheers ,

Rens

Sorry, if it is a double message, I can't read the first one:

hi,

thank you for your reply,

unfortunately, it doesn't work:
I have a kind of 1944 huricane engine instead.

What about the other connections with this solution?

Is there another way ?

Here my prototype:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/...5880519065837494354&oid=106711595517860776362

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
In your schematic the minus of your speaker goes to the GND connection on the amp board , don't connect your speaker minus to the amp board but to the PSU star ground . Connect the amp board ground directly to the PSU star ground .

Cheers ,

Rens

The schema I post was the schema BEFORE the test I've done.
The schema below reflects the changes.
With this configuration I have the "hurricane" sound.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/...5880765117454116162&oid=106711595517860776362

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Little misunderstanding here , connect the amp like I mentioned , speaker minus to PSU GND , Amp GND to PSU GND , no connection between AMP GND and speaker minus .
Now test without any connections to your RCA , you should hear no hum , just some noise . Next connect some analog source to the amp , CD player or Mp3player , if the sound is good , the problem is not in your L15 amp , then we can proceed to the next step .

Cheers ,

Rens

Here are some updates:
I noticed with the previous configuration, there was a lack of voices!
and a kind of "echo".
So I link the GROUND pin of the SMPS to the GROUND PSU.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/...5880916841792505922&oid=106711595517860776362

The voices came back! Music quality is excellent.

but I always have this hmmmm noise.
Please, do you have any other suggestions?

That's very strange , did you assemble the amps yourself ? if so check your boards with a magnifying glass .In your latest wiring schematic you have two star GND points , that's not good , connect the minus speakers to the GND star at your PSU GND out and this should be insulated from chassis ground !

Try to upload some pctures of the system .

Cheers ,

Rens

did you assemble the amps yourself ?
No it is 2 ALONG assembled boards

if so check your boards with a magnifying glass .In your latest wiring schematic you have two star GND points , that's not good , connect the minus speakers to the GND star at your PSU GND out and this should be insulated from chassis ground !

Well I don't understand why, but It is look like there are 2 distinct GND on the SMS 500R , and with regards with what I've done, it is look like they are not linked...., because if I linked them, I have different sound.

I have the GND from the plug (+/- 230V and GND) and the GND from the SMS. (+/- 55V and GND)
Do you suggest to link to the GND PLUG or the GND SMS ?

What I also discovered, is if I remove the cables from line IN (+ and -) from the 2 ALONG cards, I have NO hmmm sound. But if I plug the cables, with the RCA, but nothing plugged into the RCA, the hmmm sound appears.
Could it be a problem with the cable or RCA plugs ?

Try to upload some pctures of the system .

I will do that this afternoon.

Cheers ,

...What I also discovered, is if I remove the cables from line IN (+ and -) from the 2 ALONG cards, I have NO hmmm sound. But if I plug the cables, with the RCA, but nothing plugged into the RCA, the hmmm sound appears.
It could. Either the cables are bad, or they're acting like an antenna when you plug them in. Make sure you know the cables are working with another system if you have one. How long are your cables? The shorter the better. Eliminate your cables first whenever you get hum - especially after pluging them in! Then go with the grounding trouble-shooting as has been described by doctordata. :D Good luck,

Rick

No it is 2 ALONG assembled boards

Well I don't understand why, but It is look like there are 2 distinct GND on the SMS 500R , and with regards with what I've done, it is look like they are not linked...., because if I linked them, I have different sound.

I have the GND from the plug (+/- 230V and GND) and the GND from the SMS. (+/- 55V and GND)
Do you suggest to link to the GND PLUG or the GND SMS ?

What I also discovered, is if I remove the cables from line IN (+ and -) from the 2 ALONG cards, I have NO hmmm sound. But if I plug the cables, with the RCA, but nothing plugged into the RCA, the hmmm sound appears.

I will do that this afternoon.

Cheers ,

The GND on your mains ( 240V) side off the smps is the safety GND and the GND on the secondary side are isolated . Keep it like this .
Do one thing at a time , connect the wiring as I pointed out and check the L15D amp with an external source , Iphone or portable Mp3 player , there should be no hum , or there is something wrong with your wiring .
Make detailed pictures of the amp and publish them and we look further ;)

Cheers ,

Rens

Hi DoctorData,

Thanks a lot for your reply,

Here are the pictures of my "prototype"
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/106711595517860776362/albums/5880211876746803745

As you can see on the pictures, Along PCB are not the best quality....
But it works.

I always have the hmmm noise

AHHHH that explains a LOT .
Have a look at the pictures in post : http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/clas...-irs2092-irfi4020h-200w8r-48.html#post3025579
when you are that far , and have hum , than we can start looking for the problem .

Cheers ,

Rens