• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Muses Volume

"Could you please explain to me how in Muses72323 an unbalanced signal is converted into a balanced signal?"

The Muses is just the equivalent to a 2-gang pot.

It CANNOT convert SE signal to balanced on its own.
For that you need a SE to BAL converter first.
The simplest of these is a capacitor coupled phase splitter.
https://wiki.analog.com/university/courses/alm1k/alm-lab-phase-split

After you have converted to BAL, you can then use the Muses to attenuate the BAL signal.
Just as you can, by using a normal 2-gang pot.

Patrick

Reactions: 1 users

sunlai

2017-04-04 11:28 pm
"Could you please explain to me how in Muses72323 an unbalanced signal is converted into a balanced signal?"

The Muses is just the equivalent to a 2-gang pot.

It CANNOT convert SE signal to balanced on its own.
For that you need a SE to BAL converter first.
The simplest of these is a capacitor coupled phase splitter.
https://wiki.analog.com/university/courses/alm1k/alm-lab-phase-split

After you have converted to BAL, you can then use the Muses to attenuate the BAL signal.
Just as you can, by using a normal 2-gang pot.

Patrick
But according to meldano documentation, such an option like on the picture is possible, even meldano itself confirmed it in the post #360.

Attachments

• unbal-bal.jpg
    unbal-bal.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
hi, I purchased the controller from Meldano a while ago. In the last months I designed the pcb’s based on this controller in the way they suited me best. Two flat cables connect the main board to the relais board and operating board mount on the front panel.

The pcb’s are assembled as minimum as possible in order to test all functionalities.
After cleaning the pcb’s and connecting everything. I followed Meldano instructions and.... I was able to control all. The 0,25dB steps are really small, 1dB suited me best.
I used a 24steps encoder.

Now I can complete the PCB’s and redraw the operating pcb according frontpanel design. And build everything in an eclosure with my Blowtorch clone preamp.

THANKS Meldano, to make this design and controller available for us!

Attachments

• CD616AE6-7817-42E3-B222-331D79624230.jpeg
    CD616AE6-7817-42E3-B222-331D79624230.jpeg
    574.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 5B92A7B7-E5CC-4A32-8541-13E97BE79F8E.jpeg
    5B92A7B7-E5CC-4A32-8541-13E97BE79F8E.jpeg
    660.1 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: 4 users