• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Muses Volume

Finally had time to come back to this. I'm still struggling to get my v1 working. meldano kindly sent me a new controller, which I installed following all precautions.

The muses chip seems to start-up at power-up (resistance between input and output drops from 200k to ca. 20k), but turning the encoder doesn't do anything nor can I program the infrared remote control. So, at this point I'm wondering if my encoder is broken?? (https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDet...vUC/3abYfYw==&countrycode=GB&currencycode=GBP)

Any ideas?

!!!Updated documentation!!!

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/swap-meet/322983-muses-volume.html#post5440394

In some cases the controller don’t wake up from sleep mode by rotate the encoder.

I updated the documentation (have a look the the first post in the thread).

It is possible to solve the problem:
a) with two pull up resistors (500k-1M)
b) update the firmware
ba) buy a st-link v2 clone and contact me. I will flash the new firmware with TeamViewer. You’ll need a windows 7/10 PC with USB

ST-Link V2 Programming Unit mini STM8 STM32 Emulator Downloader M89 New Hot | eBay

bb) contact me and send the controller back. I will flash the new firmware

Here some new pictures of my build. Preamp is an IronPre.

Attachments

• musesB4.jpg
    musesB4.jpg
    706.2 KB · Views: 382
  • musesB3.jpg
    musesB3.jpg
    681.9 KB · Views: 379
  • musesB2.jpg
    musesB2.jpg
    470.7 KB · Views: 370
  • musesB1.jpg
    musesB1.jpg
    501.8 KB · Views: 374
Hi @meldano,

I’ll be starting my build in short order. Does the micro need to be programmed prior to installation (I bought the micro preprogrammed from you), or can it be programmed in circuit? Presume one of the board headers is connected to the programming ports (he asked before reading the schematics)?

Also, are the choices one or the other, or are all steps required?

Thanks,
Chris

!!!Updated documentation!!!

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/swap-meet/322983-muses-volume.html#post5440394

In some cases the controller don’t wake up from sleep mode by rotate the encoder.

I updated the documentation (have a look the the first post in the thread).

It is possible to solve the problem:
a) with two pull up resistors (500k-1M)
b) update the firmware
ba) buy a st-link v2 clone and contact me. I will flash the new firmware with TeamViewer. You’ll need a windows 7/10 PC with USB

ST-Link V2 Programming Unit mini STM8 STM32 Emulator Downloader M89 New Hot | eBay

bb) contact me and send the controller back. I will flash the new firmware

Hi.
Congratulations on a very fine kit. You mentioned the soft-step earlier. This can be controlled using a separate clock but you have decided to ground this input (pin17 CLK_IN). Do you enable this function using the internal clock? Are there any benefits using an external clock for this? Can you say something about the sound difference with the function on and off?

Best, Armand

@Chris: Very professional!

@Armand: Thanks!
It is possible to use the soft step with the muses internal clock.
I discarded the function, because the muses react with a huge short volume drop after initialization with the soft step function.
In case of soft step, it is necessary to use a mute relay to avoid this volume jump.
But the kit can also be use without the main board.
I didn’t hear any difference between soft step enabled or disabled.

Daniel

Muses and STM chip availability

Hello All,

I just jumped into this project and was disappointed to find that both the Muses and STM microcontroller chips are not in stock in Europe (not at Mouser either). STM chip does not even have a lead time.

Any hints where I can find these items?

Thanks in advance,
Mike